Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

I believe that Jonal sp/  talking to that doctor last night on the show...really helped him...Anna isn't his problem  its Trent and his wifes responsiblity!

I think when they or he finds the right school he will be ok and get good grades...aslo finding a part time job...and his parents agreeded.

It's a step in the right direction for all!

sorry i need to edit Jonah's name..had a hard time spelling it right..sorrySmiley Very Happy

@cowboy sam  As he was talking to the doctor I felt sorry for Jonah. Amber's ready to send him off to a trade school when it sounds like he was always a good student and is doing well in college except for in math. It does appear that they are putting too much responsibility on him. As the doctor said, Anna is not his problem. I don't know what they'll end up doing with her. She may continue to be a problem. I wonder if they've tried medication for her? I don't know what her exact issues are but it may help her.

I was surprised to hear that up until 8th grade (I think he said) he got straight As.   He shouldn't be in trade school.  Also, he ended the year with 28 credits, which is just two short of the usual 30. Not sure why he got kicked out in the first place.

I think they want their kids to grow up and get out.  Trent pretty much said so.  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

A lot of their parenting style leaves a lot to be desired.

Agree.

I remember when Anna got into trouble a few years ago and they took away her clothes.  She got to pick 5 pairs of pants, 5 shirts and one pair of shoes.  I didn't understand that punishment at all.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon 

i could understand  them taking her cell phone from her,etc  but clothes..unless she really loves them  over other things????

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I hope Jonah is able to regain focus.   He has always seemed smart and ambitious.  Glad for the therapy.  Hope it's not a one-and-done.  Smiley Happy

My favorites of the whole family are Elizabeth and Emma.  I love Elizabeth's art, too.   Both girls are just lovely people.  Elizabeth has grown up to be a beautiful woman.  Emma is also a beautiful girl and seems like such a sweet person.

I don't dislike any of the family, although Alex was a bit of a pill there for a while.

I hope Anna does well in college and is able to collect herself for her own good.  I don't think she's a bad kid.   I think, as she got older, she just found outlets that were probably not the best choices.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Johnstons

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I hope Jonah is able to regain focus.   He has always seemed smart and ambitious.  Glad for the therapy.  Hope it's not a one-and-done.  Smiley Happy

My favorites of the whole family are Elizabeth and Emma.  I love Elizabeth's art, too.   Both girls are just lovely people.  Elizabeth has grown up to be a beautiful woman.  Emma is also a beautiful girl and seems like such a sweet person.

I don't dislike any of the family, although Alex was a bit of a pill there for a while.

I hope Anna does well in college and is able to collect herself for her own good.  I don't think she's a bad kid.   I think, as she got older, she just found outlets that were probably not the best choices.

I definitely think Elizabeth and Emma are the two most on-the-ball kids of the bunch.  I wonder what Anna's circumstances were in Russia.  Alex has some neurotic issues (but don't we all?) and Jonah, as I said, seems angry.  But he also seems like he doesn't want to be angry.  

I think Amber and Trent are attentive parents, but they have a lot on their plates with kid issues

Edited!!!!  I mistakenly said Anna in my first sentence when I meant Emma!!!  I don't think Anna is on the ball at all!.

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

I think they are sending Anna away to school so she will have to deal with the real world and consequences if she messes up. She wants her independence but she needs to learn that mom and dad won't be able to fix every mess she makes.  I have read over the years that Anna has been in a lot of trouble not the minor teen things mentioned on the show.  She was expelled from her last high school, not for the graffiti incident mentioned on the show but far more serious things. . She has had therapy and counseling since she was pretty young.    I like Trent and Amber and I'm sure they really downplay the issues with Anna.  She was adopted at a very young age and has been surrounded by love her whole life so I'm not buying that this goes back to the orphanage. The other kids were all adopted at a young age too and don't have the chronic behavioral issue's Anna does.

@SugarPuff   Anna wasn't expelled, maybe suspended.

Honored Contributor

It looks like we are in for a season of contrived activities.  That's when it's time for a show to end IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Was Jonah kicked out of college?  It sounded like he failed one class, statistics.  I thought maybe he could have withdrawn from the class during the semester or something...it just seems strange he was asked to leave school.  I think we aren't getting the full story.  I'm not understanding exactly what went on there.

Maybe Jonah needs to be living on campus and separated from his parents.

Esteemed Contributor

I only watched the first 10 minutes or so.

I like their new puppy, Cruiser. They should have taken their older dog to meet

the puppy before they brought him home. Get them acquainted.

Respected Contributor

The best line of the show:

The lady preparng the family tree asks Trent (the father, not sure if that is his name) where he thought his ancestors were from.

His answer:  Emerald City. 

I love it.