Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919  He's the head of maintenance or landscaping, or something like that.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I just don't know what to think...i feel so sorry for Anna  sigh..i hope she does better then we all think and prove us all wrong!

As for other daughter   hmmm i disappoved also ..she and her b/f  well i don't want to go there with my thoughts..   but  will delicately say  .just  think they were a bit to "cozy"  on that couch!

@cowboy sam  I wonder if Amber has talked to her daughter about birth control? For some reason I feel she thinks Elizabeth would never be sexually active. I think Elizabeth's smart enough to do it for herself though and probably will. It's just naive to think two teens in a relationship probably won't eventually cross over into that territory. Especially once they've moved away from home.

Esteemed Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

Their parenting  style seems to be very strict. It's always their way and really no input as to what the kids really want. Of course that is all we see on TV but I feel kind of bad for the kids at times. 

I agree.  At the very least, the college kids should have been able to have a discussion about their wants and career plans.  Seems like Amber shuts them down and that's wrong IMO.  Treat them like young adults and give them a voice.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@sunshine 919  She is 17 going to be 18.

Thank you, she seems very mature and I guess she looks older.  I like all of the kidsSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Johnstons 5/19

[ Edited ]

After this episode, I came away thinking that they (especially Amber) don't really like Anna.  What kind of trouble did she get into?  Did they every say?  The counselor sided with her and I was hoping he would open Trent and Amber's eyes to look at Anna's point of view.  

Usually I like Elizabeth, but the way she sassed her dad with "you and mom do it" was way out of line.  If I ever spoke to my parents like that OR if our daughter would have spoken to us like that, it wouldn't have been laughed off.  Her thinking that she has all the same rights as her parents is way off......at least it should be.  They should have told them to sit up right then and there.  If they are laying down on the couch together with a blanket covering them in front of their parents, what are they doing when they are alone?  Asking for trouble.  

I think that Amber is the head of the household of this family.  Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Johnstons 5/19

[ Edited ]

I just Googled Trent Johnston.  It said their family is worth $3 million.  Amber is a real estate agent.  Trent is a grounds keeper at a college in Forsythe Georgia.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!