Honored Contributor

Well, I watched (after having said I was done, LOL) last night and felt really bad for Anna.  Clearly she thinks she is being shipped out because she had gotten into trouble in the past, and clearly she isn't protesting because she knows there's no point.  I think the therapist was on her side. 

Amber and Trent have some odd parenting ideas.  The one who wanted to board at college wasn't allowed to, and the one who wants to live home is getting shipped out.  Perhaps Jonah would have performed better in a place in which he were happier. Perhaps Anna might be happier getting used to college first from home, then making the transition out.  Who knows; just some thoughts...

Honored Contributor

It was so sad to see her cry.  I really didn't watch the whole thing.  Did the parents think about reconsidering their decision.  They have brought those kids up to do everrything as a family so why not let her go to college and come home everyday. Of course there is always two sides

Regular Contributor

I agree that they a very hard on Anna. When they were displeased with Elizabeth and the boyfriend's behavior, they treaded very lightly with her. Even when Elizabeth sassed back with: well you and Mom do it!! They would never go lightly with Anna had she pulled that behavior with a boyfriend.

Honored Contributor

I felt so bad for Anna, broke my heart to hear her say they were shipping her out so they didn't have to deal with her.

Personally, I think they are making one big mistake forcing her to go away to college and it all may come back to bite them in the butts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am just not too sure about their tough love approach....they seem uncaring and cold. Maybe too many children? 

Honored Contributor

I just don't know what to think...i feel so sorry for Anna  sigh..i hope she does better then we all think and prove us all wrong!

As for other daughter   hmmm i disappoved also ..she and her b/f  well i don't want to go there with my thoughts..   but  will delicately say  .just  think they were a bit to "cozy"  on that couch!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I guess they just don't know what to do with Anna. Her behavior has worn on them so I do think they are shipping her off. They keep talking about being empty nesters which I don't understand. They're a long way from that and with the issues their children experience I think several of them will probably always need some extra help.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Johnstons 5/19

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

Well, I watched (after having said I was done, LOL) last night and felt really bad for Anna.  Clearly she thinks she is being shipped out because she had gotten into trouble in the past, and clearly she isn't protesting because she knows there's no point.  I think the therapist was on her side. 

Amber and Trent have some odd parenting ideas.  The one who wanted to board at college wasn't allowed to, and the one who wants to live home is getting shipped out.  Perhaps Jonah would have performed better in a place in which he were happier. Perhaps Anna might be happier getting used to college first from home, then making the transition out.  Who knows; just some thoughts...

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I believe Jonah lived at home while attending college.  His excuse for flunking out was originally that he had to drive his siblings -- specifically Anna -- to and from school.  He later changed his tune and said it was his own fault that he didn't do well, and that he wasn't blaming anyone but himself.

I think it is the university where Trent works, although I could be wrong on that.  

Again, I'm pretty sure about this but I certainly can be mistaken. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How old is Elizabeth.  For some reason I always think she is the oldest , she seems older