Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch this new Hallmark mystery starring Jodie Sweetin?  I thought it was the worst mystery that Hallmark has come up with.  I've seen Jodie in a few other Hallmark movies and she wasn't too bad. She was terrible in this one and the other actors were just awful.  I felt like I was watching an amateur production of a high school play.

I've been recording a few of the older Hallmark mysteries and keep them on my DVR.  When you compare those movies such as the Garage Sale Mysteries, Martha's Vineyard Mysteries, Morning Show Mysteries and Mystery 101 and of course Murder, She Baked Mysteries the difference from them to the mysteries made within the last few years are as different as night and day.  

I see there is a new Murder, She Baked mystery coming this week-end. I can almost guarantee that it will be nothing like the past ones when she had her old bakery and her mother wasn't made to be so cartoonish as she was in the last one that they made one or two years ago.  

I think part of it was the fact that many of their better actors left Hallmark to go to the other channel.  What they are left with is inferior actors.  The only exception is Andrew Walker, Nikki DeLoach, Cameron Mathison and Allison Sweeney.  They are four of the better Hallmark actors that stayed with Hallmark.  

I know many complained about Hallmark using the same actors in every movie but it didn't bother me.  Most of them were talented and they were a joy to watch.  I certainly can't say that about the new crop of Hallmark actors.  

Contributor

Completely agree.  I turned it off after 30 minutes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Jane Mysteries.

[ Edited ]
I watched it and didn't think it was horrible. I have seen much worse. I thought the premise behind this series could be developed . Hallmark Is not one to make real mysteries; they are more for entertainment value. Some measure up and others are below par.

I liked the Gourmet Detective, Garage Sale Mysteries and Aurora Teagardens and Murder, She  Baked. They are showing reruns of Garage Sale Mysteries, so I am hoping maybe they will do a revival. I know about the controversy but they are showing her movies.

I think the other Hallmark Channel that show romance is much worse. Some of them are not worth even turning on. The one's I viewed had no chemistry with the couple chosen.
Honored Contributor

I think one of the problems with the Jane Mysteries is that Jodie Sweetin isn't a good singer.  It would have been nice to have heard her sing more since she was supposed to be a singer, but since she doesn't sing well they didn't.

Autumn Reeser has a beautiful voice.  I am sure other Hallmark actresses do, too.  It seems like they would have chosen one that had a nice singing voice.

I do like Stephen Huszar and didn't really dislike the movie.  I do miss the old mystery series though and wish they would bring Lori Loughlin back for Garae Sale Mysteries.  That was my favorite.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: The Jane Mysteries.

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl   I watched it and liked it.

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly, yes! I don't care for the newbie actors. They don't seem to have any chemistry. I did watch the Jane mystery... and though I watched it all the way to the end, I didn't care for her character at all. 

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you. Every aspect was bad and ridiculous. Liked her in other Hallmark movies but this was unwatchable. I shut it first go-round and watched the rest another time. It would need a complete overhaul to be even mediocre.