Honored Contributor

This is a movie on Netflix premiering on March 29. It's about Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. "Screenwriter John Fusco wants to fill you in on the true heroes of the tale: two former lawmen who used old-school methods to bring down the bandits." Kevin Costner (Frank Hamer) and Woody Harrelson (Maney Gault) star as the pair. It also stars Kathy Bates as Texas Governor Miriam "Ma" Ferguson. This sounds good, now I just have to get a Netflix subscription!

Honored Contributor

Oh darn. From the title I thought it was going to be about the fabulous singing group.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Oh darn. From the title I thought it was going to be about the fabulous singing group.

@Pearlee it still sounds good.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Highwaymen

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Lol!...I thought it was going to be about the poem "The Highwayman" by Alfred Noyes.

I learned it in 6th grade and still love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gZOSQN1hmM

images.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor
  • I don't know, I think this movie sounds good.
Honored Contributor

I signed up for a Netflix subscription today, I will definitely watch this. The first thing I watched was Birdbox, I liked it.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Lol!...I thought it was going to be about the poem "The Highwayman" by Alfred Noyes.

I learned it in 6th grade and still love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gZOSQN1hmM

images.jpg

@StarpolisherOMG I thought the same thing. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'm going to try and watch this over the weekend.

Respected Contributor

I have plans to watch this over the weekend as well @Jordan2.   I think it will be interesting to see a movie that is from the law man's side of the Bonnie and Clyde story.

DD told me she saw an interview with Kevin Costner and he was saying the Texas Ranger responsible for hunting down Bonnie and Clyde was portrayed as a joke in the original Bonnie and Clyde movie.  Evidently his wife sued on the grounds of defamation after that original movie was released and won the case.  So it will be interesting to see another depiction of his role in the story of Bonnie and Clyde.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

I watched it last night and I enjoyed it and thought it was very well done.