Honored Contributor

Returns in 2 weeks, May 27th!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Haves and the Have Nots

Yeah, I saw that last night. Woo hoo! Smiley Happy

It sure seems like it came and went super fast this last session, eh?

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

hooty, I love that graphic. It looks as if things are really heating up on the new season.

Perhaps OWN will invest in some additional promotion this season for The Haves and the Have Nots. One of best tools was the limited run Tyler Perry Show that followed the last few eps in April. They should continue that this season. TP studios are less than half an hour away. I'd like to attend a live taping.

It would be wise to branch out to other shows on other networks. Most of the morning and afternoon talk shows are on summer hiatus, but why can't cast members appear on The Tonight Show and similar programs that remain in production virtually year 'round?

Here's something from my original April post simultaneously to whet your appetite and tide you over 'til the first of the new episodes begin one week from now on May 27th:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/tv/topic/445680/the-haves-and-the-have-nots-returns-may-27th-98c-own...

THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS Returns May 27th @ 9/8c - OWN

New episodes of Tyler Perry's all-American upstairs-downstairs drama,The Haves and the Have Nots, a Savannah-set saga of the class warfare struggle, begin May 27th at 9/8c on OWN.

Here's a sneak peak:
http://www.oprah.com/own-the-haves-and-have-nots/Sneak-Peek-at-the-New-Season-of-The-Haves-and-the-H...

While waiting 'til late-May to discover how "The Cryers' lies catch up with them, things get heated between Jeffery and Landon, and David has a new, unlikely admirer. Plus, will Candace escape her kidnappers?," get episode recaps, videos, cast bios and social media posts on the website:
http://www.oprah.com/app/the-haves-and-the-have-nots.html

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed the 'after show' after the end of last season. Almost everybody was there.

Super Contributor

like dallas - i am so glad that they are not making us wait an entire year!!!

Honored Contributor

SPOILER ............. He's alive!!!

Super Contributor

There's a 12-hour marathon starting at 1 PM EDT on Memorial Day that begins with "The Set-Up" (S1/Ep09) and running through "Wyatt's Nightmare" (S1/Ep18) at 2AM EDT Tuesday, with repeats of 16-18 at the end. Starting on Tuesday at 1 PM EDT, a mini-marathon starts with "Family Issues" (S1/Ep19) leading up to the 9 PM EDT S2 premiere, "You'll Be Sorry," in which "Hope rises for Benny, who shows signs of brain activity. Wyatt gets himself arrested." This ep repeats at midnight EDT.
Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2014 keri said: There's a 12-hour marathon starting at 1 PM EDT on Memorial Day that begins with "The Set-Up" (S1/Ep09) and running through "Wyatt's Nightmare" (S1/Ep18) at 2AM EDT Tuesday, with repeats of 16-18 at the end. Starting on Tuesday at 1 PM EDT, a mini-marathon starts with "Family Issues" (S1/Ep19) leading up to the 9 PM EDT S2 premiere, "You'll Be Sorry," in which "Hope rises for Benny, who shows signs of brain activity. Wyatt gets himself arrested." This ep repeats at midnight EDT.
Keri, you are a jewel! While I've been reading theses posts, I've been thinking, "gee, maybe I didn't give the show a long enough chance to grow on me", lol. I watched one episode and didn't care for it. Actually, I didn't even completely focus on it. Now that you've shared that there's a marathon is coming on today, I'm going to try it again. Thanks for the info.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

Just like you, Mmsfoxxie, I couldn't stand this soapy saga when it premiered last year. The Haves & The Have Nots was so typically Tyler Perry, rife with wretched writing, dismal directing and abysmal acting. The characters were one-dimensional and the overall tone was extremely preachy from the outset. It was melodrama and mediocre melodrama, too. Needless to say, the reviews were crushing.

Despite that, when it resumed in February 2014, I took another look and was surprised to find that it had improved, quite possibly because it had nowhere to go but up. After sticking with it and seeing it through to the conclusion of S1, I found myself eagerly awaiting the start of S2.

Another boost came in the form of Perry's eponymous talk show that aired immediately following the last few eps of the soap opera. It would be wonderful if he continues it that to sustain momentum and generate even greater interest in the The Haves & The Have Nots. The cast interviews were especially entertaining and enlightening.

If you dive into the marathon today, which picks up midway through the first season, you'll probably be pretty clear on character interactions and plotlines. If you want to know what happened in S1/EP1-8, just search online for synopses.

Here's the msn.com ep guide:
http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/the-haves-and-the-have-nots/

Here's the tv.com ep guide:
http://www.tv.com/shows/the-haves-and-the-have-nots/episodes/

There've been some threads on the QVC Community Forum devoted to the show even before this one. Here's the link to all: http://community.qvc.com/SearchResults/tabid/55/SearchTypeID/C88/TypeID/1/SearchTime/all/Default.asp...

I hope you enjoy your Haves & Have Nots two-day binge, Mmsfoxxie. I'm certain we'll be discussing Tuesday's S2 premiere.