Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Haves and the Have Nots - Judgement Day

I watched last night it seems Candace is on a mission to get this money back by any means necessary; but why she would think little Quincy's social worker had anything to do with the money is beyond me.  Now that they finally got rid of Quincy's body his sister and one of her goons have traced his phone to Candace's house. 

Honored Contributor

Last night was beyond ridiculous, @Luvitorleaveit1.  Beating up the social worker?  On top of all of your other problems? Unbelievable.

Old David is pretty buff, lol.  Who knew?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Personally, I think this is the worst season ever as far as script and acting. So many stupid things going on. That bedroom scene with David and Maggie was ridiculous. Discussing birth control after the fact at their ages. Really? They should have taken that into consideration before hand. Just have to say though, I think David is HOT!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - omg beating up the social worker was clearly ludicrous I forgot to mentioned that in my earlier post.

Old David has the ladies wagging their tongues over him and not a sane one in the pack.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

Personally, I think this is the worst season ever as far as script and acting. So many stupid things going on. That bedroom scene with David and Maggie was ridiculous. Discussing birth control after the fact at their ages. Really? They should have taken that into consideration before hand. Just have to say though, I think David is HOT!

And that's really saying something. The dialog and acting on this show has always seemed beyond stilted. There's been something compelling about it, but I find this year, I'm forgetting to watch it as often as I tune in. It's not very well written or acted.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Lol, ladies I can't begin to say how awful the writing and actors are. Wayyyy worse than my daytime soaps.  The first season it was on, I refused to watch since it was so bad but some of you kept mentioning it and my curiosity was up.  As bad as it was, I got interested.  It is what it is, lol.

Sometimes I think Veronica is the worse regular on the show.  (I want to choke her so bad).  Then I think Benny is.  Another day it's Candice or her momma.  Or Wyatt.  Except for this season, Jim was pretty good but he's phoning it in now.   He's having RL marital problems, I heard.  Catherine was losing weight but seems to have stopped, lol, like I can talk.

But this season...the hot mess is messier.  Tyler Perry had better fix it or a lot of viewers will disappear.  I don't watch his other shows.

I need an out of the house hobby, lol.  Actually, I'm out of the house now....sitting in Panera's eating a breakfast sandwich and drinking refillable coffee, playing with my iPad.  Been here almost 2 hours relaxing.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's down to the final three episodes.  One thing about these night time soaps is that they are pretty much the same as the day time soaps.....bad writing, unrealistic scenerios and they sure know how to drag a story out.

With that said I will watch until the last episode to see what happens and to whom.

Honored Contributor

I was just thinking the other day that it seems like daytime soap opera writing.   Tyler is a smart guy.   Doesn't he realize that soap operas like that are all but dead?

I'd like to see him speed things up just to some kind of regular cadence.  This is not the type of show that should have 10 or 12 episodes only span one day's time!

Honored Contributor

I agree, last week's episode with Candy beating up the Social Worker was so stupid, LOL!

I guess the funniest part in this season's episodes, has been the neighbor across the street observing all the different characters going in and out of Candy's house!  I am just waiting to see what happens when Quincy's sister shows up, LOL! 

I still have to watch this crazy show, to see what crazy thing happens next!

Honored Contributor

Oh, we're WAY too invested at this point to quit - right?  Smiley Happy

While I complain about the uber-slowness and the soap opera writing, I'm not going anywhere!

Plus, I really really really want to see V taken down.   For all the bad characters, she is the most repugnant to me.