Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Yes, I was thinking about that watching the last episode on Wed.     Also, that applies to Janine.  She tried to committ suicide + murder and is still causing a commotion.   You'd think she would either be on the wall or in the Colonies.

Trusted Contributor

I watched the latest episode, very good, very shocking.  Not sure where all this is going, I just read a good review of the show will try to post the review from Forbes.  The reviewer talks about how the show is so depressing,  I agree with him,  we can't go through 10 seasons of showing how horrifying this is.  There has to be some hope and maybe taking some of the focus away from June to so what is going on in the resistance.  Excellent show and acting, but so difficult to watch.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/06/26/the-handmaids-tale-season-3-episode-6-review-in-hou...

Trusted Contributor

Am I the only one watching this season, wow this series took a nose dive.  The last two episodes were not good.  I kind of wish I stopped watching after the second season because the third is bad.

Respected Contributor

@TurnerGal 

I agree 100%.    All of season 3 has been slow, boring and dumb.   But these last two episodes have been the worst by far.   Absolutely unbelievably horrible.   I really don't know WTH is going on.   I'm going to finish the season and never watch it again IF it comes back.   They must have all new writers.

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal @Bridgegal 

Jumping on the bandwagon too.  I was so bored w/the latest episode I kept falling asleep.  Everytime I woke up June was still on her knees. Smiley LOL

Are we to believe that for months judging by her knee sores, June was kneeling while sleeping, eating & not performig any personal hygene duties as well as not using a bathroom?

The last scene was a hint of season 4......

June saving "female" babies and/or"female" children by somehow getting them out of Galliad (sp) except her own oldest daughter.

Here's another thing that does not make sense nor has it ever been explained......

June is a handmaiden-primary job is to pump out babies. 

She is currently in a house w/a man who is NOT having sex w/her.  So what happens if handmaiden June does not get pregnant?  Is there like a 2 yr contract or something?  Her living at the hospital for months on end seems counter productive to me.  Was this explained in the book version?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

My understanding is that the book ends with Season 1. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

Hi,  

I didn't read the book, but I think all of season 2 and 3 were written by new writers,  in  addition to being bad, season 3 does have so many plot holes,  I agree they wouldn't have left June in the hospital because her job is to be a hand maiden and she also tried to get the other girl to shoot Aunt Lydia and they left her alone with OfMatthew which was dangerous,  and she continues to do all these bad things and doesn't get punished.  

I think I read there are 5 more episodes this season, maybe they will improve, other wise I think I am out for next season.  

It just surprises me that these series that get a lot of money and attention and they let the writing go off into left field and wreck the series (I am also thinking about Game of Thrones).

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

Must every story have a happy ending? Does this series resemble things that could happen in the near future? Art imitating life?

Much worse is happening to women in some countries.  

Oh yes.  All the time.  And it's not even TV, just real. 

Super Contributor

@TurnerGal   I agree that the show can't continue for 10 seasons. If this season 3 is any indication of where the show is going, the writers need to wind it up next season. June should have been up on the wall numerous times this season and yet she remains basically unscathed. I realize Elizabeth Moss is the star of the show but they need to use the secondary characters more. I am always glad to see Emily and Moira in an episode. I find Bradley Whitford to be an interesting character and would like to see his backstory. Handmaids have two years to produce a child, then they are reassigned or sent to Jezebel's or the colonies. I think June has been reassigned but I don't know to whom. I am not following this season as closely as the first two seasons.

Honored Contributor

"Handmaids have two years to produce a child, then they are reassigned or sent to Jezebel's or the colonies."

Thank you for clearing that up.

@texassunflower 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif