Honored Contributor

The Great Food Truck Race 6/26

Wheeee! those awful Senoreates didn't win any of the competitions! And when they learned they had lost Redondo Beach (my old stomping grounds) the look on her face -- priceless!!

I really like the Southern Pride guys. Nice people and good food. I think we all knew from Day 1 that Food Flight never had a chance. Their food was just blah, they weren't organized and just couldn't get it together.

Looking forward to next week in Manhattan Beach! I lived in Torrance/Redondo for most of my until circumstances caused me to move to WA state.

I'm saving the show so I can re-visit RB. LOVED seeing beautiful Veterans Park!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Great Food Truck Race 6/26

Yes, I think they were overly confident and felt they had it in the bag!  That team that got eliminated, I felt sorry for them that day because everything seemed to be going wrong for them.  They had to move because the restaurant was angry at them for parking in front of their establishment.  Then, their food truck was leaking a ton of water.  Then, the fryers kept going out.  It didn't seem like they were being given any assistance or much, to correct these things.  To me, it seems like Tyler is going out of his way to assist the Sugar team.???  And then, when I think the whole team was really just overwhelmed by all of this --- the guy just lashed out and really lost it.  That was the end of them there.  If you can't work together as a team -- well, you are pretty much done for.  And that, as they say, is that!  Yes, I was glad that that other team won also!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: The Great Food Truck Race 6/26

@AngelPuppy1 Well the Food Flight served TOAST for their first challenge. Fancy yes, but still toast. To me, that set the tone for the rest of their cooking. I truly don't know how they got chosen to be on the show.

I hope Southern Pride wins or Eso, like all of those guys.