Super Contributor

The Great British Baking Show

Does anyone watch this on PBS? I watched a few episodes and it is an interesting and fun show!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show

Yes, I've watched it a few times and really like it.  What noticed is the participants seem more low-key and much  more polite than Americans on these kinds of competition shows.  Or is it just my imagination?  Maybe I'm just inferring this from the English accents that make them seem more formal.

Anyway, it's a fun show.

Trusted Contributor

yes, i love that show. i like the fact that in the end all they get is a plague that says they win. There is no money involved, therefore the only competition is really within themselves. I am amazed that they can bake so many recipes from memory considering baking is such a science when it comes to ingredients, whereas cooking is add a little of this, a little of that etc.
Valued Contributor

I love that show. I have been watching it on Netflix. Very enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I love that show.  I watched it on PBS for years.  But this year, the new episodes are on Netflix and they put them all up so (silly me); I binged watched them in one week.  I wish I'd paced myself...lol   I missed Mary Berry but Paul is still there.  The format of the show is exactly the same.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I've loved it for several years. I haven't seen any of the new season with the cast changes. I really like Mel, Sue, and Mary and can't imagine the show without them.

Respected Contributor

The new episodes are just as good. I don’t miss Mary, Mel or Sue.

Honored Contributor

I like this show too and now it will be on Netflix and I wont be able to watch  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I've watched all the old seasons that aired on PBS, and DH and I just started watching the newest season on Netflix.  I do miss Mel and Sue, and the new judge, Prue, is not standing up to Paul as much as Mary did, but I don't blame Mary for retiring, her poor hands used to make me ache in sympathy, the RA looked very painful.  We are still enjoying the show, and I expect the new people will grow on me eventually.  The contestants are still just as much fun, thankfully!  One thing I am amazed at over and over, in every season, is the extreme variety of things they bake!  The different kinds of breads and cakes and pies and the batters and crusts that go into them!  Hot water crust, who ever made such a thing for any kind of pie here in America?  And those molded meat pies?  I would love to go learn how to make all those things.  I wish my Mom were alive to see these shows, she'd have sprung into action and figured everything out just by watching, she was an amazing baker.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have Netflix, so I can't watch the new episodes Smiley Sad  Love that show.