Honored Contributor

The Great British Baking Show - Masterclass

Is anyone watching these?  I watched Masterclass 1 yesterday.  It's just Paul and Mary making the recipes from the previous seasons.

It's fun to watch them both work as they have completely different styles.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: The Great British Baking Show - Masterclass

@VaBelle35 I didn't know there was such a thing. I don't know if my local PBS is carrying it. But it must be fun seeing the masters in action.

Trusted Contributor

I will be looking for these Segments of TGBBS.  Love Mary and Paul.

I really love watching the home bakers.  

Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

The Great British Bake Off is switching networks in Great Britain next year. It's quite the story internationally. They're going from the BBC to one of the paid networks over there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  I was reading that yesterday, too.  I assume it's like going from ABC to HBO.

Following extended negotiations, Love Productions announced that the current seventh series of the show would be the last to air on the BBC. On 12 September 2016, Love agreed to a three-year deal to broadcast the show on Channel 4.[2][3] Hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins subsequently announced that they will not be returning when the show moves to its new network.[4]

These Masterclasses were new to me, too.  My tivo just recorded them for me because it knows I like this show.

In looking online, there appears to be several from every season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@gardenman  I was reading that yesterday, too.  I assume it's like going from ABC to HBO.

Following extended negotiations, Love Productions announced that the current seventh series of the show would be the last to air on the BBC. On 12 September 2016, Love agreed to a three-year deal to broadcast the show on Channel 4.[2][3] Hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins subsequently announced that they will not be returning when the show moves to its new network.[4]

These Masterclasses were new to me, too.  My tivo just recorded them for me because it knows I like this show.

In looking online, there appears to be several from every season.

I am disappointed to hear about the move from BBC to another network; probably means PBS will no longer have access to it.

My PBS station will be airing the Masterclass episodes on Thursdays, starting this week, with repeats on Sundays. Five episodes are listed, with the fifth being "Christmas Masterclass."

Honored Contributor

I have been searching for the Masterclass program and haven't been able to find scheduled shows yet.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

I have been searching for the Masterclass program and haven't been able to find scheduled shows yet.

I'm the same way. I have the PBS app on my Kindle Fire TV Stick and I went through everything on there and no Masterclass programs. They had the Great British Baking Show,  but no Masterclass.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

I can't find it either Smiley Sad

and I'm afraid once it is no longer on PBS - it won't be available here either

Trusted Contributor

this is airing RIGHT NOW on my local PBS station.

Paul and Mary just prepared a no sugar carrot cake.

They are making else ... must get back to watching.