Esteemed Contributor

The Great American Tag Sale

[ Edited ]

Did anyone watch this show with Martha Stewart? She was se!ling all of her different items she had collected. She had five barns full of her items. I never realized how wealthy she was until you see all of her stuff. She had furniture, rugs, dishes, books, patio furniture, collectibles, pictures etc. You name it, she had it. Everything sold out that was displayed. She still had more to sell. It looked like a hoarder except it was very organized.

It was two days. It was just unfathomable. It was going to her charity Martha for the Living. It is for seniors 65 and older.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Great American Tag Sale

[ Edited ]

@elated  I did watch Martha Stewarts tag sale. She had quite an impressive collection. My husband thinks that I have too much stuff in my collections of antiques, shoes, bags,books, clothes, jewelry etc.

My kids think that I'm a hoarder, but after seeing what Martha

has accumulated, I don't really have all that much stuff.

I would love to see the things in her house and how she decorates. It must be amazing.

It is wonderful that her proceeds went to a worthwhile charity. Plus, her tag sale customers went home with some great finds.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We watched the show and found it interesting. Did you know that the tickets to the sale went for $250 for prime hours and $25 for everyone else ( 1 HR tickets!).  I wonder how much the tickets to preview were? Chris Jenner was just greedy!  I'm sure M.S. raised A ton for her charity!

Honored Contributor

I missed it.  I kept meaning to set the DVR and, of course, forgot until it was too late.  I don't suppose it will be repeated.

Honored Contributor

@VeneziaI read we can watch it on May 26 on Hulu.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I missed it.  I kept meaning to set the DVR and, of course, forgot until it was too late.  I don't suppose it will be repeated.

@Venezia 

Perhaps on On Demand?  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I DVRed it of course and watched the 15 minutes of it before I fell asleep.  I can't wait to watch the rest of the show.  I need to DVR the series now.  I usually only DVR the first show of shows until I decide if I want to watch the rest.

Super Contributor

"Chris Jenner was just greedy!" I agree... I felt really bad for the people that paid to be there and she bought ALL of it. I beleive someone, who was there, wanted some; but it was all gone. It's a shame it all went to one person.

Respected Contributor

Martha in typical controlling fashion!  An insult to charge $250.00 a ticket for prime hours.  It did not appear that  the cost of the ticket would be applied to your purchase. The amount of treasures "collected" was overwhelming even if it had been a store.  Martha is the Queen of self promotion.  No dollar amount was mentioned in regard to the sale and add the amount of monies she received for the TV show itself.

She stated it was for Martha Stewart Living Holistic Center for Seniors at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York.

Somehow nothing changes especially with Martha.  I lived in East Hampton when she bought the two houses, there.  She was not very well liked and she was involved in several lawsuits that left her guilty.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime  I lost all respect for her when I saw her on Julia Child's show many many years ago.  She went on and on and on, may have interrupted Julia.  Graciously, Julia just stood there and nodded her head. She was so disrespectful.