Super Contributor

Re: The Great American Tag Sale

I really enjoyed the show.  It looked like everyone had a good time.  I had several good laughs from the three older gentlemen who were the antiques guys:  "it's like opening Tutankhamun's tomb!"  I knew she had a lot of "stuff", but I was really surprised to see those huge buildings just piled high (but organized and neat) with all her things.  Yikes!  Now I really don't feel so bad about the state of my basement!  I hope a lot of money was raised for her senior center at Mt. Sinai hospital.

Honored Contributor

Martha said one reason for the sale was she didn't want to be known as a hoarder.  By the amount of junk she accumulated, I'd say she was well on the way, if not already there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BklynKinsey wrote:

I really enjoyed the show.  It looked like everyone had a good time.  I had several good laughs from the three older gentlemen who were the antiques guys:  "it's like opening Tutankhamun's tomb!"  I knew she had a lot of "stuff", but I was really surprised to see those huge buildings just piled high (but organized and neat) with all her things.  Yikes!  Now I really don't feel so bad about the state of my basement!  I hope a lot of money was raised for her senior center at Mt. Sinai hospital.

@BklynKinsey 

I just Googled and she made over $800,000 for her senior center at Mt. Sinai Hospital.

I can't believe she is 80.  She looks fantastic.  If I'm not mistaken, I think that was her daughter Alexis with the overalls. 

Respected Contributor

I'm watching the show now and haven't gotten to Chris Jenner being greedy but I think it must be things that were in every book she wrote and every magazine that she had control over and got to keep.  she is a business.   I still don't like her cat being killed by her dogs.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Martha said one reason for the sale was she didn't want to be known as a hoarder.  By the amount of junk she accumulated, I'd say she was well on the way, if not already there.

@Kachina624 

Note that she didn't deny being one .... she just didn't want to BE KNOWN as a hoarder.

Hmm.   Personally, I'd be more concerned about being "known" as a convicted felon for insider trading .... but that's just me.  

LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I'm watching the show now and haven't gotten to Chris Jenner being greedy but I think it must be things that were in every book she wrote and every magazine that she had control over and got to keep.  she is a business.   I still don't like her cat being killed by her dogs.

@lovescats 

I don't understand why someone thought Kris was being "greedy".   She loves and collects jadeite .... and bought all of the pieces Martha had.    

If Kris didn't buy all of the jadeite,  maybe someone else would have, but probably not a collector.   

Why shouldn't she buy all of Martha Stewart's jadeite .... talk about adding value to a personal collection!  Wow!   That's smart, not greedy.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@BklynKinsey wrote:

@BklynKinsey 

I just Googled and she made over $800,000 for her senior center at Mt. Sinai Hospital.

I can't believe she is 80.  She looks fantastic.  If I'm not mistaken, I think that was her daughter Alexis with the overalls. 

@SWEET   The woman with the overalls was Blake Lively, not Martha's daughter.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@BklynKinsey wrote:

@BklynKinsey 

@SWEET   The woman with the overalls was Blake Lively, not Martha's daughter.  

@NickNack 

That's how much I know re celebs.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@lovescats 

I don't understand why someone thought Kris was being "greedy".   She loves and collects jadeite .... and bought all of the pieces Martha had.    

If Kris didn't buy all of the jadeite,  maybe someone else would have, but probably not a collector.   

Why shouldn't she buy all of Martha Stewart's jadeite .... talk about adding value to a personal collection!  Wow!   That's smart, not greedy.

@Tinkrbl44 

she didn't leave any for ryan reynolds wife blake lively who was actually there while kris just sent her people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovescats wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@lovescats 

@Tinkrbl44 

she didn't leave any for ryan reynolds wife blake lively who was actually there while kris just sent her people.

@lovescats 

Okay .... uh, but so what?  As long as Kris' check didn't bounce, how it was purchased is really irrelevant.   First come, first served.

I also don't know why you think Kris "should leave any" for someone else.  That's really not how these sales work.

Blake got to be on TV and I'm sure she found some other nifty items and was happy with her purchases.

I bet every one was happy to have something from Martha's sale .... makes for good conversation.