Respected Contributor

Re: The Graduate Tonight on TCM

Great movie.  I've read Dustin was almost 30 at the time he made this movie.  He did look much younger.

Esteemed Contributor

This has always been a favorite movie of mine.  Love the soundtrack as well.  Didn't watch this particular airing, but have seen it about 10 times.  

This is the movie that made me fall in love with Dustin Hoffman.  Still love him now.  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

LOVE this movie! Dustin Hoffman is SO talented and has acted in GREAT movies. He has played SO many different characters!

I actually met him once a long time ago. My brother was in the catering business. One of his clients was having a dinner in honor of DH's parents' anniversary in their home. My brother asked me to help him, and, of course, I said YES!!!

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Great movie.  I've read Dustin was almost 30 at the time he made this movie.  He did look much younger.

Dustin and Anne Bancroft were only 6 years apart in age, he was 30, she was 36.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

You can never go wrong with this one, it does not even seem dated!!

@Shelbelle  Well, how about that advice Dustin gets from one of his parents' friends at the party --- about "plastics"  being the wave of the future!   Yes, Dustin should go into plastics!   Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

Dustin and Anne Bancroft were only 6 years apart in age, he was 30, she was 36.

Maybe that's why they put some gray streaks in her hair, to make her appear older.  She was such a pretty lady, and perfect in that role.