Honored Contributor

I missed the first 10 minutes .... but why did Diane slap her at the end of the show?

Honored Contributor

Oh, what a disappointmentSmiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I missed the first 10 minutes .... but why did Diane slap her at the end of the show?

The slap had nothing to do with the first ten minutes.

Diane slapped her because Alicia made Lucca cross-examine Diane's husband on the stand and made him look like he was unreliable and having an affair.  Diane was emphatic about not calling him back on the stand, but the prosecutor did it.  Diane said she had no questions, but Lucca stood up and tried to discredit him.

I think that part of the finale was stupid.  Whether or not the bullets really from the gun or not wasn't as relevant as the initial report that said they likely weren't from it.  But, it's TV and it set up the slap.

It was nice seeing Will.

Respected Contributor

It ended like it started, she stood by her man and she has to basically start over and she always will love Will.  In between she discovered she can be by herself, she is stronger than she thought and she is more devious that we all thought.  I felt they wrote a rich, complex character when they wrote Alicia and it ended just right.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never, ever watched a single episode of "The Good Wife", but I decided to watch last night's episode to see how the show ended.

At the end of the show, I was left saying, "That's it?"

It felt anti-climatic to me.

Trusted Contributor

There is an interview on "CBS.com" with the writers and their explanation of the last episode.  I believe some people here are mentioning things that were revealed in that on line video, like the slap for instance.

I watched it but did not really make total sense to me.  There is nothing worse than those fade out endings that leave us to guess what the future holds for the characters.

I have to say I agree with others here that said it was good to see Will in this final episode.  Also, the ups and downs of Peter's trial had me on the edge of my seat.

The new show this summer (a political show) on CBS here in Chicago looks kind of interesting.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan What a wonderful posting!  I see where you haven't been posting for long.  I hope you continue posting (we here love all comments, agreeing or disagreeing).

I will go there.  I like seeing and reading all about the inter-working and backgrounds of this and that.  Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@LogoFan What a wonderful posting!  I see where you haven't been posting for long.  I hope you continue posting (we here love all comments, agreeing or disagreeing).

I will go there.  I like seeing and reading all about the inter-working and backgrounds of this and that.  Thanks again!

Annabellethe cat, you are welcome.  I want to thank everyone for their insights here.  I still have my dvr recording of the end episode and I want to go back and check out the right/left hand rings on Alicia.  I thought the right hand rings were strange, but did not notice that she returned them to left hand later.  Now I have to check dvr and see the rings back on her left hand.  I have already deleted future airings of re-runs of the Good Wife, but will continue to study this episode for awhile; as well as more comments here that give food for thought.

Thanks to everyone.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan You are ahead of me on the ring thing.  Ha!  My brain gets tired of trying to figure out all of the hidden things on some of these shows.

Super Contributor

Yes!