Respected Contributor

The Good Wife - someone please tell me what happened last night...

We had tornado warnings in Indiana all night and thus, the Good Wife was not aired - can someone tell me what happened? 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Good Wife - someone please tell me what happened last night...

Peter went on trial and at the end was considering taking a 2 year plea deal the prosecutor offered him - but before he could, Alicia got a message saying the jury had returned with a verdict, which makes it too late to take a plea. That's where the episode ended.

Also: a construction crew came into the Lockhart, Florrick, & Lee offices and starter tearing down walls. Turns out they went to the wrong floor and weren't supposed to be there at all, but it gave Diane ideas and now she wants to expand to the floor above. Unfortunately, the contractors weren't just dumb enough to go to the wrong floor, they were so incompetent that they also removed a load-bearing wall. Now the entire floor has evacuated to a lower floor until it can be fixed.

Peter may or may not have slept with a colleague who testified against him. He says he didn't, but co-workers say he did and that she's a scorned lover lying on the stand. They used that against her in the trial. The information was provided by Louis Canning in an attempt to keep Cary Agos out of the trial, but he was mentioned by another person on the stand and Cary did come in to testify against Peter.

Jason told Lucca that he is worried that if Peter gets convicted, Alicia will never divorce him, she will stay married to him and visit him in prison and slip further and further away from Jason, who says he will lose her unless Peter is acquitted. When Peter says he will take the plea deal, he asks Alicia if she will visit him in prison and she says yes, making Jason's fear seem like a very real possibility.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

Wow .... great summary!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

We had tornado warnings in Indiana all night and thus, the Good Wife was not aired - can someone tell me what happened? 

I see you got your synopsis of the show already.  Don't you just hate that?  We had rain here in Chicago and it started with thunder and lightning right at the start of the show.  My satellite messed up for a minute a few times then came back.  Here in Chicago there is no "on demand" option for tv shows for CBS channel 2, so cannot revert to that option to see the shows.  They did mention something about ITunes.com/TheGoodWife for further information, but not sure if that would give you viewing options or not.  Have not checked that out yet.

We also have football, golf or any number of shows on Sunday here that most of the time delay the programming of this show and "Madame Secretary" which airs right before the Good Wife.  Another dilemna.

Anyhow check out Itunes.com and see if maybe there would be a viewing of the entire episode.

Trusted Contributor

One thing i found found both funny and interesting is that David Lee is on another rant..... it seems that Diane has hired too many women and David is threatening an EEOC law suit.... i laughed so hard.... how many years has the scale been tipped the other way? 

I will miss the Good Wife but not David Lee!!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen it yet but was curious. It almost sounds like the start. Wasn't he up for trial and like him she had someone on the side. All these years nothing much changes.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Peter went on trial and at the end was considering taking a 2 year plea deal the prosecutor offered him - but before he could, Alicia got a message saying the jury had returned with a verdict, which makes it too late to take a plea. That's where the episode ended.

Also: a construction crew came into the Lockhart, Florrick, & Lee offices and starter tearing down walls. Turns out they went to the wrong floor and weren't supposed to be there at all, but it gave Diane ideas and now she wants to expand to the floor above. Unfortunately, the contractors weren't just dumb enough to go to the wrong floor, they were so incompetent that they also removed a load-bearing wall. Now the entire floor has evacuated to a lower floor until it can be fixed.

Peter may or may not have slept with a colleague who testified against him. He says he didn't, but co-workers say he did and that she's a scorned lover lying on the stand. They used that against her in the trial. The information was provided by Louis Canning in an attempt to keep Cary Agos out of the trial, but he was mentioned by another person on the stand and Cary did come in to testify against Peter.

Jason told Lucca that he is worried that if Peter gets convicted, Alicia will never divorce him, she will stay married to him and visit him in prison and slip further and further away from Jason, who says he will lose her unless Peter is acquitted. When Peter says he will take the plea deal, he asks Alicia if she will visit him in prison and she says yes, making Jason's fear seem like a very real possibility.

@ChynnaBlue -Wow - thanks for that!  All the channels had weather on till midnight - I realize peoples' safety is the most important, but since this is getting near the end of the show - I was frustrated. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue  I'm not surprised that you did such a good job of summarizing the episode.  I do want to thank you because even though I sit through these shows I obviously miss things.  I missed what Jason said to Cary.  I get up and do things and change during commercials, etc.

Thanks again for doing that ChynnaBlue.  You rock (but you've heard that before).....Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy to help, @Annabellethecat66.

I love the show and really enjoyed the episode last night.

My favorite part was the exchange between Canning and Alicia.

Canning gave Alicia a folder of affidavits people made about the affair and was the first to tell her that Peter had perhaps only recently ended a long-term affair with the other woman. Alicia said, "Okay," and took the files like it was nothing.

Canning: Did you hear what I said?

Alicia: Yes. Oh, did you expect me to cry, Mr Canning? (Pretending to cry) Oh, my husband is still cheating, I thought he'd never do it again.(Looks at Canning like he should know better, because she certainly does.)

Canning: God, I love you.
Alicia: I know.

I probably got Alicia's middle line wrong, but the scene... I think it was one of my favorite Good Wife moments, ever.

Respected Contributor

I think the show will end just like it had begun.. But this time she will not stand with Peter, she will walk away