Respected Contributor

Rented it from Amazon Helen Mirren was amazing. At first thought this movie isn't for me but 15 min then got hooked. It is mostly filmed in England. Has anyone seen this movie? I thought it was very good & suggest to keep this on your movie list. Yes a twist always comes up. I have a list of movies I want to see when summer comes and nothing on TV. This movie really suprised me.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @sissel .  Haven't heard of this movie, but it sounds interesting and much respect for Helen Mirren.  I'll check it out.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd  My DH rents movies I am too cheap but we get 3 days he never said a word to me so I thought well we got 3 days. I never heard of it either but I am not a movie person It's a twist on a twist I can't tell you how good it is but it is. Plus I am not a huge fan of watching movies filmed in different countries. Took me awhile to get into it so be patient in the beginning. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Rented it from Amazon Helen Mirren was amazing. At first thought this movie isn't for me but 15 min then got hooked. It is mostly filmed in England. Has anyone seen this movie? I thought it was very good & suggest to keep this on your movie list. Yes a twist always comes up. I have a list of movies I want to see when summer comes and nothing on TV. This movie really suprised me.

@sissel   I watched the trailer, so I am on for tomorrow night.  Too late now.  There's always tomorrow.  I think it will be great.  I liked Downton Abbey, A French Village, Children Act, and Victoria.  If anyone like English or French movies, these are some great ones.

Respected Contributor

Did you hear about this movie? I never did. I usually only watch movies that get an award but this little gem must have slipped by me. LOL I hope you give me your review. 

Honored Contributor

It's a really good movie.  I enjoyed it.  If you like thrillers this one is a goodie.   It's the type of thriller & long con movie that if you blink, you won't be able to figure out what is "really" going on. whistling.gif

Loved the ending.

Synopsis:  "Roy Courtnay is an aging British con artist who, along with his business partner Vincent, manipulates people into giving him access to their finances through a string of deception and false identities. In 2009, his latest target is Betty McLeish, a former history professor at Oxford who lost her husband a year ago and has savings in excess of £2 million."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@sissel Yes I have see it.  I posted about this just recently on this forum.  I saw it at my local library.  Helen Mirren never disappoints and she is especially perfect as her co-star was ian McClennan.