Honored Contributor

Re: The Good Doctor (post pandemic)

[ Edited ]

Read a good article online a couple of weeks ago. Someone connected to the show said that they were going to move past the pandemic and deal with life as it hopefully will be in the future.

I like that idea a lot.

Both Richard Schiff and his tv/real life wife, Sheila Kelley, have COVID. I've read posts by him (I'm a life long fan) stating that he's coming along while she is pretty sick.

I wish them both well.

I have the show on DVR and will watch it later. I think it's great that it's progessing as it is.

ETA: Just watched, it was excellent. I really like the new doc, Asher, who left his Jewish community. He's got spunk and thinks for himself but does listen to others. Glad they dumped that blowhard  jerk don't recall his name.

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

The tall Asian intern that kept telling Sean he was asking inappropriate questions is the one that walked away, the worst one was the preppy looking guy.

Oh no, I really liked that guy who did not want to talk about personal issues. He kind of reminded me slightly of Shaun.

Respected Contributor

I think that the show redeemed itself last night. I laughed at the lunch table when Shaun invited the lookers on to join them. Greyt scene. It's back to being one of my favorite shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  which character does Richard Schaffer play? I assume the older Dr. who has helped Shawn.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Love my grandkids  which character does Richard Schaffer play? I assume the older Dr. who has helped Shawn.

Yes, he is Dr Glassman and Sheila Kelly who is his real life wife, plays his wife now on the show, Debbie. 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers Richard Schiff plays Dr. Glassman who has been a wonderful mentor to Shaun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  That's what I thought! I hope he's okay! Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Last week I started the episode and then just deleted it. Haven't tried to watch this week's episode. I am just sick and tired of programs that are all about the pandemic. I have enough reality about the virus in my everyday life and would prefer to have some relief from it when I watch programs on TV, something to enjoy without trying to send messages about what you should or shouldn't do, and not giving regular story lines.

I watched Bull last night and wonder if they would be one of the few series to depart from all the virus stuff. They started out with masks, but the last scene showed them without masks saying "we are back." I hope that means they are back to their regular programming and get on with it. Others have found a way, like Dancing with the Stars, The Weakest Link, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler  I hope you'll watch this week's episode. It goes beyond the pandemic and is quite good.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids WorldTraveler was referring to LAST week's episode which was the 2nd half of the pandemic episodes.  She said she hasn't yet watched this week's episode.