Honored Contributor

Re: The Good Doctor - new show on ABC

I loved it.

It was somewhat House-ish which is good, I loved House.

I nearly cried, several times, what a back story!

I'm sure we'll see more going forward.

But his speech at the end, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I adore Freddie Highmore, and he can only get better.

Respected Contributor

I was very disappointed. I was thinking I would like it what a let down. So I will go back to watching Scorpion.

Trusted Contributor

I have mixed feelings about the show.  I don't understand why they had to open it up with two people in bed, is that really necessary?   Seems like all the doctor shows have s#x scenes in them.  I told my doctor that boy he must have had fun when he was a resident working in the hospital.  He replied, laughing "if only".   Anyway, back to the show itself, I will give it another chance or two, just not sure if it'll become one of my must sees.

Respected Contributor

I didn't like the contrived accident at the beginning.  Do they want him to be autistic or Dr. MacGyver.   I switched over to Scorpion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software

I watched this show last night and will watch the next one.

..he is one smart kid to over come what happened to him as a child!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

I have mixed feelings about the show.  I don't understand why they had to open it up with two people in bed, is that really necessary?   Seems like all the doctor shows have s#x scenes in them.  I told my doctor that boy he must have had fun when he was a resident working in the hospital.  He replied, laughing "if only".   Anyway, back to the show itself, I will give it another chance or two, just not sure if it'll become one of my must sees.

I'm with you on the sex scene.

I quit watching Grey's Anatomy a couple of seasons ago because everyone was sleeping with everyone else all the time.    I know people have sex.    I don't have to see it to enjoy the storyline.    

I'm going to give this one a chance.    I'm hoping future episodes will be more like House as far as the medical side and less about the soap opera side.   Plus I want more back story on Shaun.

Honored Contributor

I think this wil lturn out to be just like all the othe rmedical dramas, but will give it another shot. Just read a review that was a grade C-

Trusted Contributor

I just watched it on DVR. I thought it was the best show I've seen in ages. I didn't want it to end & I can't wait for the next episode. I never watched "Bates" so the actor was unfamiliar to me. I thought he was amazing. I thought all of the actors were very good. Can't wait for next week. 

Honored Contributor

@software  His rationale for being a doctor choked me up something fierce.  I remember the lead from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (with Johnny Depp).  I remember him as a child actor.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Because of your post I watched the first one... and liked it.  Now I have my DVR all programmed to see the rest.  I watch with interest.  I am also a MONK fan and as a teacher have a soft spot for students and people with disabilities. 

I do hope that he makes some friends and finds those who are in awe of him and are in support him.  In the program MONK he appreciated and never really mocked.  I hope this program grows into a bond between someone and him.