Respected Contributor

Re: The Good Doctor - new show on ABC

I'm wondering if in real life an insurance co that sells malpractice insurance would agree to cover a doctor who had autism or if that is anyone's business in the first place?? I guess this is a ground breaking topic and resembles no one in real life?

Respected Contributor

I will not be watching this series even though I do think Freddie Highmore is very talented.

Valued Contributor

Am looking forward to this as lead is without a doubt one of the best actors ever!!  I am not sure if  the concept of the show will make it a winner, but I will be watching.  He was awesome in Bates Motel!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm sort of on the fence, because I know that there are autistic actors out there who could have played this part.  I understand that they probably felt they needed a big name, but there have been successful shows with unknown actors.  

Honored Contributor

I will watch it tonight. If it doesn't do well, it won't be because ABC didn't promote it enough!

Esteemed Contributor

I feel I'm going to find it hard to see him as anyone but Norman Bates.  He IS Norman ,  my nit be fair but he is type cast IMO.  He even in the clips I've seen has that strange stare that Norman always had.  I realize that autism can cause that as one if my good friends has an autistic daughter.

will watch the show and maybe I'll be surprised.  I love House so I will see after viewing the show.

Honored Contributor

As someone who has had autism in my life on a daily basis for over 30 years, I wasn't sure this would be a show for me. I watched tonight and found myself tearing up a couple of times. I thought the first show was well done and look forward to the next one.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I thought the show was good.  

Regular Contributor

I enjoyed the show.

Respected Contributor

Since I like all the medical shows I was waiting for this one to watch. 

But  i am disappointed. To me it was boring, predictable,childish and poorly acted by everybody. 

So i am not going to watch it.