Honored Contributor

Re: The Good Doctor is on tonight

@Tique wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   I've already watched last night's show and my prediction that Leah's pregnancy would be tedious was on target. They are still trying to project a kinder softer image for her character while making Shaun look more and more insensitive and unreasonable. What they're actually doing is alienating a lot of their viewers. I'm one of them. 

@Tique That figures. They need new writers, I think or this show won't last!

Honored Contributor

Shawn in the delivery room taking notes & asking the "soon to be mom" questions in the middle of pushing out the baby was halarioius!

@Cakers3  "Is Paige Spara (Leah) pregnant in RL? "

She is looking kind of puffy in the face & a tad thick in the waist.  It's possible.

To those who think Shawn was acting insensitive and unreasonable, you must remember he is an autistic savant.  He has to "learn" a few emotions especially the new ones & learn how to "control" certain emotions.  He still has anger issues & is easily frustrated.  He's slowly learning control & understanding w/the help of Dr Glassman & Claire.  At least that is the way I see it.

I recently finished binge watching season 1 of a Netflix series whereas the actor who plays Dr Parks is one of the "main" stars.  He is really buffed in real life.

Series is called Altered Carbon. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

uh the actor playing Shaun/shawn...is exutive producer of the show and they have a expert on autism on the set to help him act like he is austic.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

And speaking of Dr. Parks, good for him for not playing Morgan's little game. By the look on her face when he entered the elevator I think she realized she outplayed herself.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Just watched it,  well done. Enjoyed the case about the female pilot, sad ending for her story. Diane Farr is a very good actress, she played a fire fighter on Rescue Me. I could have done without Leah's dula story so much, and I do hope Dr Park is done with Morgan, she desrves to be dumped !!!

I just realized Daniel Dae Kim is a producer on this show, he was Dr Shin on New Amsterdam, and was a doc on Good Doc fora while too, he did not get along at all with Shawn. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Shawn in the delivery room taking notes & asking the "soon to be mom" questions in the middle of pushing out the baby was halarioius!

@Cakers3  "Is Paige Spara (Leah) pregnant in RL? "

She is looking kind of puffy in the face & a tad thick in the waist.  It's possible.

To those who think Shawn was acting insensitive and unreasonable, you must remember he is an autistic savant.  He has to "learn" a few emotions especially the new ones & learn how to "control" certain emotions.  He still has anger issues & is easily frustrated.  He's slowly learning control & understanding w/the help of Dr Glassman & Claire.  At least that is the way I see it.

I recently finished binge watching season 1 of a Netflix series whereas the actor who plays Dr Parks is one of the "main" stars.  He is really buffed in real life.

Series is called Altered Carbon. 

@Mz iMac   I don't view him as an insensitive person; I agree his autism is the factor, not that he has no heart.

Yet it still factors into Lea being all important and all about her, now.  For me that is where this show is crashing not in a slow burn but at a super speed.

I agree that this pregnancy was not necessary for this show; even if Paige is pregnant in RL -they could have worked around it with camera angles and clothing.

And that scene with Shaun interferring with that delivery-I would have been furious if I had been in labor and he showed up. 

This is what makes the show just plain stupid now; stick to the medical with a bit of personal on the side. 

I'm also fed up with Morgan and Park-this challenge about dating other people-it's ridiculous.  I was just warming up to Morgan's softer side, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I just watched this last episode, and  I just can't like Lea, she is so irritating and all about herself, agreed they should have never written a pregnancy into this show, it is ruining it!

I am sick of hearing about dating and too much of the personal stuff-stick with unique and complex medical cases, and just a bit of personal and maybe it can get back on the right track! Maybe!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I won't mention Shawn's behavior this week. I will say "Campaign Kinder Gentler Leah" continues.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I liked tonight's episode but I think they are dragging out the love you; don't love you thing between Park and Morgan. It's getting silly. 

Honored Contributor

Personally, I thought Shawn going into the delivery room and asking questions was funny.  Inappropriate, yes, but most of the stuff he does is inappropriate.