Trusted Contributor

@sunala That was our favorite episode too. We laughed hystericaly. Loved Bev's bottomless purse!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelliwrote:

I love this show and the segments at the end were fantastic with the real JTP and the Real Beverly Goldberg and the Jacket!  

@DrKelli- I'm going to have to look at the ending again to see the "real" JTP and Beverly's real jacket.

Does that show crack you up or WHAT???

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala, the show is hilarious--absolutely hilarious!

Esteemed Contributor

The Goldbergs is ending with season 10. May 3 is the series finale.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Goldbergs

[ Edited ]

I'm not surprised. I still DVR and try to keep up, but once the real Adam Goldberg left a few years ago it started to change.

Then with George Segal's passing and Jeff Garlin's firing the plot did change, even though the real Murray Goldberg, who was actually a doctor, did pass away. 

I have to give them credit though. With Wendi as an executive producer I actually enjoy the story lines. I'm a big fan of Tim Meadows (John), and I like Erika and Geoff's story lines too.

It's always fun to see "Flo" from Progressive Insurance, Stephanie Courtney, as "Essie," one of Bev's close friends.

But I wasn't happy when they cancelled Schooled for AbbotElementary. I liked how they used to end both shows with comments from the real people the actors portrayed! 

I will miss this show!   Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I only watched it once because we only had one tv in those days and well, you know, you can't watch something nobody else really wants to.see. But I remember Molly-she was sticking her head out the window and yelling at somebody or God or I don't know who. She yelled, 'Whaddya want from me, my life?' hahaha. Oh, I laughed so hard and fell in love with her for saying that. I use the phrase quite a bit to this day.

Respected Contributor

p506052_b_v9_ac.jpgp9977347_b_v9_aa.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

What did you think of the last episode? I thought it was just okay.

Respected Contributor

I have not watched consistently. I have caught some reruns on one of the channels and watched now and then. 

I heard that it was having a series finale and watched. It seemed pretty entertaining. But I was surprised that Murray(?) -the father had died. Was that just for the last show or when/why did it happen ? I assume it was a heart attack as he hardly moved from his chair ? Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Never took to this show.