Honored Contributor

This is a psychological thriller, four part limited series on HBO MAX. It stars Jessica Plummer, David Oyelowo, and Gigi Mbatha-Raw, "A young woman moves into a dream home and unravels it's dark history". There are two stories, three years apart that are intertwined with two women who look very much alike. This was very good I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Honored Contributor

I read the book and loved it and so far the series is living up to It. They did a good job on recreating the house. It looked like I expected it to.  
The series deviates from the book and adds a lot of background story, but not to its detriment. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a good thriller to me!!!!  Thanks for the heads up, I need some new shows to watch!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy psychological thrillers....thanks for the heads up!

Respected Contributor

I read about 75 books a year and a lot of times, I don't remember what I have read but I definitely remember The Girl Before because well, I won't give it away...I will definitely watch!

Esteemed Contributor
It was kind of an “it” book a few years back, but I don’t remember loving it. I think the series helped me see things better or, just generally, made more sense. I did remember most of the end - and I still am not a big fan (seemed rushed IMO), but I still enjoyed the series.

I did have to Google - the interior of the house was built on a soundstage. The house does not exist - although the address does.
Respected Contributor

Thanks so much for posting - I had no idea - I also loved the book.

Respected Contributor

I read the book a few years ago.  Very creepy, but good.  

Honored Contributor

I too read the book several years ago and remember it being very good, and so weird a co worker was just telling me about this series earlier today, she said you would love it!!!

Guess I will have to check it out now.....I remember the book being very good....