Honored Contributor

Re: The Garage Sale Mysteries on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Station

[ Edited ]

Their mysteries are tolerable, some more than others. I loved the Aurora Teagarden books, but Hallmark has diluted them, and, let's face it, the lead actress, while 'pleasant', is about as mundane as it gets. They also changed the location and overall tone of the books. I can't take Lori Loughlin and never could, so I watch the garage sale shows sparingly. I really wish Hallmark would move away from that same, overexposed stable of actors and it would also be nice if the supporting casts were sometimes a cut above what they usually are... The new series of mystery movies with Wendy Malick might prove interesting, at least for an outing or two...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love Garage Sale Mystery movies too!  I wished they'd have spaced out the four new movies over several months instead of showing them each week in August.  Leave us wanting more Hallmark!  Sad to see the end of this series.

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88  Is it the end of this series?  I hadn't known that. Where did you see/hear that?  And do you mean just the Garage Sale ones?

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

I love Garage Sale Mystery movies too!  I wished they'd have spaced out the four new movies over several months instead of showing them each week in August.  Leave us wanting more Hallmark!  Sad to see the end of this series.

Is this the end of the series @IlliniGirl88?  I've seen Lori Laughlin on a couple of talk shows lately, and she didn't say that.  Where did you read this?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Is this the end of the series @IlliniGirl88?  I've seen Lori Laughlin on a couple of talk shows lately, and she didn't say that.  Where did you read this?

@NickNack,  @Pearlee  -  I thought these four new movies were ending the series.  I'll try to pay close attention to the exact wording when they advertise the next movie on Hallmark.  When showing the preview for "A Case for Murder", I thought it said, "the series finale of Garage Sale Mystery".  I could be wrong, and hope I am, because I really like these movies. 

I just watched a short interview, from just a few days ago, with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and you're right she doesn't say anything about the series ending.  I must have misinterpreted the preview information on Hallmark.

Esteemed Contributor

You can certainly be right about it being the end of the Garage Sale Mysteries but I didn't get that impression.  We may just not get another one for a long time.  They probably just wanted to fill August with something and had those already in the can and ready to go so decided to do this.

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88  I think what they meant when you heard that about Garage Sale was that it meant the fourth of this "mini-series" of them during each Sunday in August.   I think I saw that promo you saw also, and they are already advertising the fourth and last installment even though we haven't yet seen the third (which they are also promo-ing).

Again, I think they are just referring to this August special of them every Sunday in August.  That's the "series" but I think they do continue.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@IlliniGirl88  I think what they meant when you heard that about Garage Sale was that it meant the fourth of this "mini-series" of them during each Sunday in August.   I think I saw that promo you saw also, and they are already advertising the fourth and last installment even though we haven't yet seen the third (which they are also promo-ing).

Again, I think they are just referring to this August special of them every Sunday in August.  That's the "series" but I think they do continue.

@Pearlee  -  Yes, that would make sense!  I really do like this series too.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee@NickNack  -  Just saw the preview for GSM "A Case of Murder."  What they say is..."in the final chapter of the limited series."  That's why I thought this was the end of the whole series, but it makes sense about this movie is the end of the four part series.  Hope they don't make us wait too long for another one. 

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy a lot of the Hallmark movies, the mystery ones really enjoy.  My favorites are the Garage Sale and the one with Aurora, as I like both actresses. I watch the other mystery one too but don't enjoy them as much.