Super Contributor

Re: The Fourth Season of "The Crown"...

Me too!  

Honored Contributor

Well, I've slogged through to episode five and overall it's dreadful. I will say that episode five is worth watching. Other than that, so far everyone is incredibly unlikable and unsympathetic, including Diana and even Margaret Thatcher. I'm not sure what to make of the actress playing Diana - in some scenes she's like a bad caricature. What a miserable lot. So far, the only worthwhile people are Thatcher's husband and their daughter. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love this show so much that I am trying to stretch out the 10 episodes this season. I watched the first episode on Sunday, and will try to stick to watching only one episode per week which should last me 10 weeks. 

We will see if my grand plan works.

Honored Contributor

I have two episodes left to watch. Go to Today Show's website for a story on a mouse spotted in one of the episodes (I do remember seeing it)! You have to wonder how that got by the director and editors.

Respected Contributor

I've only watched the first four episodes of season four, but so far it's been a big disappointment.

My thoughts so far . . . . . .

Prince Charles comes off as always angry, unhappy, unpleasant, brooding.

They did a very good job of recreating Diana's wedding gown. The picture below is a publicity still and was not seen in the series.

The Crown Released the First Photo of Diana's Wedding Dress - E! Online  Deutschland

Instead, all we get to see in the series is the back of Diana's gown as she walks down a hallway at Buckingham Palace. Why go to all that trouble when we see next to nothing of the gown?

A Glimpse of Princess Diana's Wedding Dress on The Crown | Princess Diana's  Wedding Dress in The Crown Season 4 Trailer | POPSUGAR Fashion UK Photo 3

I didn't expect to see alot of the wedding ceremony in the series, but they could've shown them exchanging vows, or coming out of the church, or riding in the carriage, or the kiss on the balcony at Buckingham Palace. They showed NOTHING!

I think there was way, way too much storyline devoted to Margaret Thatcher. Especially her private life.

And yes, I also saw the mouse. It shows up during the first few minutes of episode three.

The Crown: Viewers stunned after spotting mouse running through scene |  Metro News

Respected Contributor

I personally loved it and thought it was better than season 3.  That being said, I think they overplayed Prince Charles being whiny and petulant.  The many positive things he did during this time were not shown; the focus was totally on his jealous side.  But this is TV drama...not a documentary.  I thought the actress who played Diana was good at times, but at other times, not so much.  I felt Tobias Menzies did an amazing job just like he does in anything.  I grew to like Olivia Coleman and Helena Bonham Carter in their roles.  Surprisingly, my least favorite actress was Gillian Anderson.  I usually like her but could not stand hearing her attempt to talk like Margaret Thatcher.  I was so glad to see her storyline wrap up so that I don't have to hear her in Season 5.  lol