Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Flip or Flop couple has split! :(

Read this morning that Tarek is requesting spousal support!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I actually like Christina.....probably because I like her decorating style.  I don't mind her batting her eyelashes either.....LOL!  I find Tarek incredibly boring and hate the shows when it was mostly Tarek and his friend, Pete Best, doing the flips.  I couldn't (and wouldn't) watch a show if it was just Tarek.

I really miss Izzie (Battres) and he/they have mentioned on their facebook page that they're trying to develop a show of their own.  

There's another flip show based in Nashville with a married couple.  I don't mind the guy but the blonde wife annoys me to no end so I don't watch it anymore (not sure it is even still on).  There's also another flipping show based in Indianapolis with a mother and daughter.  I think the show is called Good Bones and their actual business name is Two Chicks and a Hammer.  I enjoy it because it's Indiana related and I they are both likeable.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

You could tell that Christina became very taken with being on tv and that entire lifestyle.  She was always dressed to the nines with all her designer clothes, handbags, etc. even when they were viewing houses or starting the demolition.  It cracked me up that Tarek would call or come home to discuss a possible new flip and Christina would be sitting there coloring with her daughter in leather pants, full on make-up including false lashes and 5" heels. 

She seemed to change a lot from the inception of the show while Tarek has stayed the same.  I wouldn't watch a show though with just Tarek.  He's a snoozefest.       

Super Contributor

I don't watch because of her but do enjoy him.  I'd definitely watch him by himself.  

I record the nashville ones.  Masters of flip.  Not annoying!

Esteemed Contributor

I like this show and will be sorry to see it end.  The show is still in production and it will be interesting to see how they interact going forward.  Supposedly the show will be on until next year when their contractual obligations end.

Sorry for the kids, they are so young. They looked like such a happy family, but goes to show how looks can be deceivig.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to see the couple part ways.

Remember - Christina is dressed and prepped by make up and wardrobe.  It's a TV show. Clothing/jewelry/accessories all play a part and probably support the show in some way if their products are viewed on the show. 

Also, the couple lives in Orange County - an Orange County housewife would appear the way she does in public, false eyelashes and all. 

I also like other shows like Flipping Nashville, Flipping Charleston, Raise the Roof, 2 Chicks and a Hammer.  Others as well.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I like this show and will be sorry to see it end.  The show is still in production and it will be interesting to see how they interact going forward.  Supposedly the show will be on until next year when their contractual obligations end.

Sorry for the kids, they are so young. They looked like such a happy family, but goes to show how looks can be deceivig.  

I thought it was ending this year?  I thought I read that their season is actually very short, like 8 episodes, so the new season will start next week, only a week after this current season ends. 

HGTV just keeps saying it will air as planned and there will be no interruption of the schedule but they aren't saying if it will continue after what they currently have in the pipeline.  

DH and I both thought something was odd between them when all of a sudden, they were meeting in public places to discuss flips, like at restaurants, the beach, etc.   They were no longer shown together at home or in a car together. She would show up at the houses in her own car. 

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 I am the other poster who stated about her batting her eyes.  I should have perhaps added that although I think she is very talented and also pretty, she just seems to be so aware of her looks, constantly batting those eyes, came across to me as a vain woman.  JMO though.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva - Maybe what I read was incorrect.  I guess time will tell. It is odd that a new season is starting right after this current one.

I thought it was strange a while ago when Christina was leaving a  flip and he said "I love you" and she didn't respond, plus when he went to kiss her, she gave  him  her cheek.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the show and appreciate that it is on the West Coast. There are already enough shows in the Mid West/South. West Coast housing costs are through the roof. It's interesting for me to see what all comes in to play on their flips. They have really stepped up their finishes and designs compared to when they first began, and their houses all look lovely when they finish. Some of them they have trouble flipping; others they lose money on; and many they make a great profit. Sometimes there is no rhyme nor reason why something doesn't sell. I hope the show continues, but that looks unlikely if they both aren't on it.