Valued Contributor

Re: The Flight Attendant HBO MAX

@beach-mom  - Did you see her in the Drew Peterson movie?  She was really good in the drama - I thought so anyway!  I loved her as Penny!

I also like the PanAm TV series - My sorority sister flew for Pan Am when she graduated in 1979 - it was an interesting life for sure!  She was a small town girl who moved to london and lived the life! 

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

@beach-mom  - Did you see her in the Drew Peterson movie?  She was really good in the drama - I thought so anyway!  I loved her as Penny!

I also like the PanAm TV series - My sorority sister flew for Pan Am when she graduated in 1979 - it was an interesting life for sure!  She was a small town girl who moved to london and lived the life! 

@Fifi1 - I haven't seen her in anything else. 

One of my swimming instructors became a Pan Am flight attendant. She was so pretty. I always thought it would be such a glamorous life! 

When we went to our nephew's wedding in Key West,  DH and I ate at Kelly's, owned by actress Kelly McGillis at the time. It was the former Pan Am headquarters and there.were all kinds of mementos. It was so interesting!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love Kaley Cuoco, but will be passing on this because I just cannot listen to Rosie Perez, who co-stars.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I'll have to try and watch this. I worked for Pan Am for almost twenty years until they went out of business. Best job I ever had.

Trusted Contributor

Michel Huisman, played the smoking hot, semi bad boy

Liam McGuinness, on Nashville! 

I think the majority of viewers, would have loved to see more of him! 

Valued Contributor

Anyone watch? We watched last night - it's intriguing!  Anxious to see the next episode!

Honored Contributor

I want to see this.  I get HBO but don't have a device that streams MAX. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Is Rosie Perez in it a lot?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I just watched the first episode (there are three available), it will grab you from the get go. I would have watched the other two, but I went into my bedroom and I have a Roku stick, it doesn't have HBO MAX. 

Honored Contributor

I got a free trial for hbo max to check out this series and it's really good. The character is a lot more sympathetic and funny the series than in the book which made it easier to root for her. I'm not a big Rosie Perez fan because her voice grates, but she did just fine in her role in this. No complaints at all.  She plays a fellow flight attendant but she's not center stage or anything.