Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Flight Attendant HBO MAX

Partway through second episode and enjoying it.  Fast passed and, as I type, just another little twist.  

Just looked up remaining schedule release as an FYI.

• Episode 4: Thursday, December 3
  • Episode 5: Thursday, December 3
  • Episode 6: Thursday, December 10
  • Episode 7: Thursday, December 10
  • Episode 8: Thursday, December 17
Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse  I have the same complaint about Rosie Perez...that voice.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

I watched the first three episodes and enjoyed them (other than really excessive cursing!).  I always think that is lazy writing by the authors.  Rosie Perez has just a secondary role so far.  We have HBO, so we were able to watch the first episode on the tv, then had to download the HBO MAX app on our phones and watch episode 2 and 3 on there.  I think Kaley Cuoco did a good job as a character who constantly makes bad choices.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 @chickenbutt, I have HBO through Suddenlink. I had to download HBO Max onto my tablet. I don't know why Roku doesn't have the app for HBO Max. You have to provide internet provider and password to access HBO Max.

Honored Contributor

I watched all three episodes. This show has become my new obsession. Now that The Undoing is ending, it's nice to have this to watch.

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower wrote:

@Jordan2 @chickenbutt, I have HBO through Suddenlink. I had to download HBO Max onto my tablet. I don't know why Roku doesn't have the app for HBO Max. You have to provide internet provider and password to access HBO Max.

Thanks! Smiley Happy    I guess I could watch on my laptop but I try to avoid that.   It is a real drag that Roku or Tivo don't have the app to access HBO Max.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I read that Roku will be getting this but I'll bet any amount of money it's about buying a NEW model of Roku.    Mine are Roku3 ,so they're quite a few years old.

I just wish Tivo would also get it and that would be perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

I broke down and watched the first episode.  Rosie has obviously been using a voice coach, which is great.  We have a free weekend for HBO with our YouTube TV subscription, however can't find episode 2 and 3.  That's probably good because I don't want to subscribe to finish it.  I'll just read the book.  I'm saving my pennies for CBS All Access in December so I can see The Stand.

BTW...was very impressed with Kaley's performance and breakaway from her TBBT character.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I watched Episode One as well and really enjoyed it! I have read the book, so I know the storyline and outcome, but I like the characters in the movie very much! I agree that Rosie Perez has been using a voice coach, she sounds much much better!

I will continue to watch!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a theory about Rosie's character 

Spoiler
I'm toying with her being some sort of agent.  Also wouldn't surprise me if she ended up the murderer - although I have no idea why that would be the case.

In the 1st/2nd episodes, the FBI agent made an offhand comment about how easy it would be for a flight attendant to be one.  Then Rosie said something about Kaley's character going to the passenger's hotel room.  Kaley said she never told her that - so how did she know?

They're trying, I think, to lead me astray in the 3rd episode by giving her the ditzy corporate espionage storyline - but maybe that's part of what her underlying job is?  She was awfully cool with the actual information drop.  And, I thought it was odd that she was at the bar in Rome when Kaley met (one of her many) boyfriend. I don't know why she would be following Kaley; maybe it's to make sure she doesn't remember what really happened? Or, to see if she does?

I'm probably wrong and far off.  But, I just really got a strong sense about in in Episode 2.

PS I think it's funny how everyone comments about Rosie's voice, but not Zosia Mamet's.  So far, I like her character, but I also can't help think it's nice to see her Girls character, Shoshanna, doing so well.