Honored Contributor

Re: The Fix (ABC - 10 show series)

[ Edited ]

@chihuahuamom wrote:
I missed the ending. What happened? Also I have forgotten names so help me out.

@chihuahuamom   Sevvy confessed to the murders of eight years ago, and said he killed Jessica when Gabe's Mother's journal showed up, which caused Gabe to plan to murder Sevvy with Jessica's help.  When Jessica backed out, saying Sevvy's therapy seemed to have worked as he was not abusing her any longer, Gabe got mad and hit Jessica with a rock, which killed her, on the beach.

So, Sevvy will spend the rest of his life behind bars, justice for the two murders he did commit.  He didn't want Gabe to suffer as Sevvy blames himself for Jessica's death as it would not have happened if he hadn't killed Gabe's Mother and friend eight years ago.

Honored Contributor

Also, very minor but Maya agreed to marry Riv!!

Honored Contributor

After Sevvy confessed, Star decided to take her little sister and leave. She told Julianne it was the only way she [the sister] would have a chance at a normal life.

Effy tried her hardest to get Collier to declare he was running for DA. She was definitely more ambitious than he. He finally realized he wanted to be back in the courtroom and it looked like he was leaving Effy. Good move!

They show Julianne at Sevvy's house. She should have been happy since she had gotten what she wanted but she is alone.

I didn't spend a lot of time trying to figure out "who done it" and searching through all the trivial things that were shown wondering if I had missed an important clue. The ending worked for me. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They said something about Sevvy also killing Gabe's mother's best friend (don't recall the name)  Did this happen on the show or in the past?  So much happened, if it was on the show, I didn't remember it. 

Gabe killed Jessica with a Kettlebell weight, not a rock.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

They said something about Sevvy also killing Gabe's mother's best friend (don't recall the name)  Did this happen on the show or in the past?  So much happened, if it was on the show, I didn't remember it. 

Gabe killed Jessica with a Kettlebell weight, not a rock.

Sevvy killed Gabe's mother and her friend at the same time 8 years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

IMO Julianne would have been the only other person who made sense.  I don't understand why Sevy signed everything over to Julianne though.  I would think he would have put most of it in a trust for his children.

@NickNack ...Remember when Sevvy took off in his private plane and then was forced to return and was arrested by the authorities...Julianne visited him in jail and Sevvy asked a favor of her...He wanted her to get in touch with a friend, a basketball star (Vick) and ask him to post bail for Sevvy...Being the manipulator that she was, she wouldn't do it unless he signed papers making her a controlling partner of the trust.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I was disappointed in the ending, wanting more of a twist. I agree with another poster that the ending felt like it was thrown together quickly, just to get an ending that tied together all the loose ends.

I wanted an ending that I couldn't see coming. I started to suspect Gabe some episodes back, so it was not quite the surprise it could have been had it been someone else who killed Jessica.

Did anyone think that Riv might have decided not to marry Maya when she returned at the very end and said "yes"? It was just left with them standing in the barn; there was no hugging or big smile on his face that I could see.

Just a thought. Smiley Indifferent

Respected Contributor

I liked the Fix through the first episodes of the series.  I may have missed one or two episodes toward the end of the series.  I thought the finale was a letdown.  It all seemed to be rushed to try to finish the story.  Early episodes were much better IMO.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

IMO Julianne would have been the only other person who made sense.  I don't understand why Sevy signed everything over to Julianne though.  I would think he would have put most of it in a trust for his children.

@NickNack ...Remember when Sevvy took off in his private plane and then was forced to return and was arrested by the authorities...Julianne visited him in jail and Sevvy asked a favor of her...He wanted her to get in touch with a friend, a basketball star (Vick) and ask him to post bail for Sevvy...Being the manipulator that she was, she wouldn't do it unless he signed papers making her a controlling partner of the trust.

@MyShadowLove   I don't remember that.  Why didn't he just ask his attorney to contact his friend?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I was disappointed in the ending, wanting more of a twist. I agree with another poster that the ending felt like it was thrown together quickly, just to get an ending that tied together all the loose ends.

I wanted an ending that I couldn't see coming. I started to suspect Gabe some episodes back, so it was not quite the surprise it could have been had it been someone else who killed Jessica.

Did anyone think that Riv might have decided not to marry Maya when she returned at the very end and said "yes"? It was just left with them standing in the barn; there was no hugging or big smile on his face that I could see.

Just a thought. Smiley Indifferent

@World Traveler   Yes, I wondered the same thing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau