Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The Fix (ABC - 10 show series)

You would think if an abused person wanted a video record of abuse, the person would be NAMING the abuser, provide a birthdate of the abuser, addresses of where the abuse(s) occurred & most importantly......DATES!!!!!!

And, another thing.....

If Jessica could sneak off to a storage bin to make a video, why couldn't she sneak off to a police station and the E/R and/or her private physician???????

Jessica's video made no sense to me.  Just saying.......

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Sevvy scares me to death, I would be afraid to be alone with him, very violent type. 

Sevvy is tamed compared to his other character Adebesi from an old HBO series. Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

I'm enjoying it too.  It's not the greatest thing on TV but worth watching, IMO.   Another one I'm liking is  "For the People".   Both are just fun watching, no Emmy winners.

Trusted Contributor

Love The Fix!  And I love Marcia Clark mystery novels.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is an excellent series and done very well!

Sevvy's ex-wife, Julianne, is coming across very suspicious, but I don't think that she murdered Jessica...It is just too obvious that they are trying to lead us toward that direction...She is definitely up to something, as we saw that she arranged to have Sevvy's white stepson, Gabriel,  beat up and payed the guy who did it...Now she is playing the protector..She is also bribing more money from Sevvy!

Ezra  will stop at nothing!..He is now sending his henchman to Riv's ranch so they are going through him to try and get to Maya.

I also agree with other posters that, since Jessica didn't mention Sevvy's name on the tape, it could have been someone else who beat her up...I thought that Sevvy did come across as sincere when he denied it even though he has a volatile history...I'm thinking that Julianne may have arranged to have Jessica beat up by the same guy she paid to beat up Gabriel.

I'm also finding myself suspicious of Matthew as far as his relationship with Maya...After this last episode, I got the feeling that he may be playing Maya and has an ulterior motive?...There was something about his conversation with his wife that drew my suspicion.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Mz iMac . Some very interesting things.....You are right, and I think that is what triggered me to believe he wasn't the abuser, because she never says his name-just He did this to me.....Also with the cocktail that the therapist was giving him, who knows, maybe she was giving him some other type of drug......Very Interesting!

@CANDLEQUEEN ....Good observation about the supposed vitamin cocktail that Sevvy's therapist is giving to him...That thought never occurred to me...Who knows what could be in that "cocktail"....That could explain why Sevvy appears confused at times.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Starting tonight (4/8), I am going to separate the ID & SNAPPED! part of my mind from the rest.  Those shows have "clouded" my "who done it" judgement while watching The Fix. Smiley Very Happy

I'm still leaning towards wify #1 until someone else pops up that we don't know about yet.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking Julianne killed her, but that would be too obvious.  

Lie detector tests next week.  That's going to be good!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, another great episode!

Okay, so Ezra's henchman was trying to get some video of Maya when he went to Riv's ranch under the pretense of being interested in buying a horse from him?...Riv caught him fiddling with his camera and laptop that happened to be located on his desk in the stable area...From what I saw, the henchman did manage to take some film from Riv's camera so am I understanding correctly that this film was instrumental in the smear "deep fake" video that was put together of Maya & Matthew?...Riv didn't check the camera after he confronted the henchman.

Also, the contents in the bag that Sevvy's son, Gabriel, had buried for him turned out to be a picture of Jessica and also a pair of her sneakers that had sand all over them..Jessica was a trainer and was known to work out on the beach so it would be perfectly understandable that her sneakers would have sand on them which, in my opinion, wouldn't exactly be incriminating evidence against Sevvy...So, why the need to bury them?

I wonder who has been leaving Maya the jewelry gifts that she has been collecting ever since the first murder case against Sevvy?....What is the message they are trying to send to her?...With all of the technology available, couldn't they possibly try to trace that jewelry to find out where it is coming from?

Has it been mentioned where Riv's ranch is located?...It doesn't appear to be very far away as he has popped in on Maya a couple of times...He comes across as an absolute sweetheart and very supportive and understanding....I may be overthinking here as, after this week's episode, I'm finding myself starting to become just a wee bit suspicious of Riv now also. Woman Surprised

I'm just thinking that it is going to be someone that will absolutely shock us!

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove   It was revealed in episode 1 that the ranch is in Washington state.

I suspect Riv is the one sending Maya the earrings.   The jewelry stalker did not show up again until after Maya showed up in LA.   I would think a "stalker" would have continued to send her jewelry after she moved out of state.

Hopefully soon we will find out how & when Maya met Riv.  Then I can connect the dots. 

Spoiler
Especially if we find out he's the killer.