Trusted Contributor

One of the worst movies I've seen recently.  Even the music was irritating!

Esteemed Contributor
I didn’t love it, but thought it was an interesting movie. I certainly didn’t hate it.

BUT, I’ve been saying this since it first came out and more so during awards season, when Coleman was in the Best Actress category. She was absolutely IMO a supporting character and should not have won the Oscar in the category she did.
Honored Contributor

If you want to watch a good movie that is almost 100% truth

if your a history/Royal watcher like me then watch 'Elizabeth I '

and the follow up movie'Elizabeth' whatever it was called.

I bought both. Not just all sex and half truths and made up c*ap.

Think when you see the directors /producers are from way off in another country that's your first indication it will be a bore.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Favourite

[ Edited ]

I decided to watch it and I thought it was pretty good.  Emma Stone stood out in my opinion.  I enjoy Britsh Royal time piece's

along with the costumes and jewel's and lifestyle. 

It's got humor and camp in it.  However in the end Sarah was

the real winner.  She was free from Anne.  Anne knew how evil Abigail

really was but too weak to do anything about it in the end.  The last scene showed what misery was to be Abilgail's life for the rest of Anne's living days.

I looked up some history.  It seem's Anne died three years later.

Sarah was rewarded handsomely for her efforts in the war but Abigail was shipped off to live in the country.

@Jordan2  thank you for encouraging me to watch it!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

I decided to watch it and I thought it was pretty good.  Emma Stone stood out in my opinion.  I enjoy Britsh Royal time piece's

along with the costumes and jewel's and lifestyle. 

It's got humor and camp in it.  However in the end Sarah was

the real winner.  She was free from Anne.  Anne knew how evil Abigail

really was but too weak to do anything about it in the end.  The last scene showed what misery was to be Abilgail's life for the rest of Anne's living days.

I looked up some history.  It seem's Anne died three years later.

Sarah was rewarded handsomely for her efforts in the war but Abigail was shipped off to live in the country.

@Jordan2  thank you for encouraging me to watch it!!!

@Pink123 , well see that, you liked it! I weigh other's opinions, but ultimately I decided if I want to spend my time watching something or not. Sometimes it turns out everyone was right, sometimes I think it wasn't so bad.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it. I thought it was clever. I didn't watch it with the expectation that it would be an accurate historical depiction, though.

Honored Contributor

I liked it.

Trusted Contributor

@bathina wrote:

I enjoyed it. I thought it was clever. I didn't watch it with the expectation that it would be an accurate historical depiction, though.

@bathina  I'm new here so still navigating this site on how to post to others comments.

I agree it was clever and not mean't to be the exact documented life of Anne.

However, I don't think it's that far off of what  happened either ha.

All in all well done in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched this movie last night, I didn't care for it. I thought Olivia Colman ( best actress), Emma Stone, and Rachel Weiss were all good, but I thought all the characters had no redeeming qualities at all. This film was well received, maybe it's just me.

@Jordan2   No it's not just you...I could have written your post!  I also watched it last night with DH who wondered when it would finally end.  I didn't care for it at all and failed to see any humor or comedy.  So I went to check the reviews this morning and they were mostly glowing.

I just didn't care at all of any of the characters and really didn't care who would come out as "the favorite" in the end!

I guess Emma Stone's character (Abigail) won out as the "favourite" but I think she was actually the loser!

@Jordan2  boy was she ever the loser!

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched this movie last night, I didn't care for it. I thought Olivia Colman ( best actress), Emma Stone, and Rachel Weiss were all good, but I thought all the characters had no redeeming qualities at all. This film was well received, maybe it's just me.

@Jordan2   No it's not just you...I could have written your post!  I also watched it last night with DH who wondered when it would finally end.  I didn't care for it at all and failed to see any humor or comedy.  So I went to check the reviews this morning and they were mostly glowing.

I just didn't care at all of any of the characters and really didn't care who would come out as "the favorite" in the end!

I guess Emma Stone's character (Abigail) won out as the "favourite" but I think she was actually the loser!

@Jordan2  boy was she ever the loser!

@Pink123 , I wouldn’t want to have to service the queen!