Honored Contributor

I watched this movie last night, I didn't care for it. I thought Olivia Colman ( best actress), Emma Stone, and Rachel Weiss were all good, but I thought all the characters had no redeeming qualities at all. This film was well received, maybe it's just me.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched this movie last night, I didn't care for it. I thought Olivia Colman ( best actress), Emma Stone, and Rachel Weiss were all good, but I thought all the characters had no redeeming qualities at all. This film was well received, maybe it's just me.

@Jordan2    Thanks for confirming why I never saw it at the movie theater (even though it was in the running for best picture Oscar).  I didn't even watch it on HBO last night, and probably won't.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   No it's not just you...I could have written your post!  I also watched it last night with DH who wondered when it would finally end.  I didn't care for it at all and failed to see any humor or comedy.  So I went to check the reviews this morning and they were mostly glowing.

I just didn't care at all of any of the characters and really didn't care who would come out as "the favorite" in the end!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   No it's not just you...I could have written your post!  I also watched it last night with DH who wondered when it would finally end.  I didn't care for it at all and failed to see any humor or comedy.  So I went to check the reviews this morning and they were mostly glowing.

I just didn't care at all of any of the characters and really didn't care who would come out as "the favorite" in the end!

I guess Emma Stone's character (Abigail) won out as the "favourite" but I think she was actually the loser!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Favourite

[ Edited ]

It was waaay over rated. There were other actresses who had better performances than Olivia Wilde, so I really don’t understand the Oscar. It’s not that it was bad, it just seemed like something I’d watch on Lifetime.

Edited—-i meant Olivia Colman, not Wilde. My mindless mistake.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

It was waaay over rated. There were other actresses who had better performances than Olivia Wilde, so I really don’t understand the Oscar. It’s not that it was bad, it just seemed like something I’d watch on Lifetime.

@Goldengate8361   It wasn't Olivia Wilde in the film.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee @Oh yeah, you’re right; I knew that.....I just typed the wrong thing! Thx for telling me. My bad.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

This has nothing to do with the subject and for that I apologize but I couldn't resist noticing the spelling of the word "FAVOURITE".

I used to work for the US Air Force but we had people (Wing Commanders) from Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

They spelled many words differently from the US.  One of them was the word "Favorite (US) versus Favourite (other countries).

I haven't watched the movie but I immediately knew it was written by Brits just by the spelling.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  I might look it up.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

stupidest show ever seen. I quit it half way thru.

I read books on Royalty all the time and nothing remotely was how they had it played out.

I can't stand messing with history.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Jordan2 

This has nothing to do with the subject and for that I apologize but I couldn't resist noticing the spelling of the word "FAVOURITE".

I used to work for the US Air Force but we had people (Wing Commanders) from Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

They spelled many words differently from the US.  One of them was the word "Favorite (US) versus Favourite (other countries).

I haven't watched the movie but I immediately knew it was written by Brits just by the spelling.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  I might look it up.Smiley Happy

They spell lot of stuff different from us:

colour/color

jewelry jewelrry (think that's how it's spelled over there)

Dynasty is pronounced "denisty"

Ky Derby is pronounced Ky Darby

when we get a pay raise they call it a pay rise

we 'take out' food they call it 'take away'

Yes, I've been to England. 'Bathroom' is 'water closet'.

Meghan will have to adapt ROFL