Honored Contributor

It is fun to watch Lizzo and her entourage haul around that homage to red chiffon that she's wearing.  Happy to see Michael Keaton recognized for "Dopesick".

Honored Contributor

They just showed the In Memoriam, John Legend was good however the camera work wasn't. Some of the images were too far away you couldn't tell who it was. Also they didn't cut the audio like other award shows, this shouldn't bd a contest who gets the most applause, everyone is equally important. 

Esteemed Contributor
I would have watched (or at least had on in background) if it wasn’t on a Monday night. I’ve actually seen a few of the nominated shows and am happy to see Jean Smart won best actress in a comedy (again). I have not seen either show that won best, but understand they are both supposed to be great.

According to Jackee Harry…she was the last African American who won a best supporting actress in a comedy until Sheryl Lee Ralph did last night for Abbott Elementary (good show BTW.) What’s interesting was that Jackee said the studio originally wanted Sheryl Lee Ralph to play the part of Sandra in 227 that Jackee won for. Interesting bit of trivia.

Haven’t seen the In Memoriam, but am usually disappointed in them for the reason posted above. I don’t understand why they can’t keep the screen on the departed.

Honored Contributor

Sheryl Lee Ralph's acceptance speech for winning Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Abbott Elementary) -- priceless!  It's still giving me goosebumps.  When she belted out a small portion of my favorite song by Diane Reeves... I nearly lost it. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Your post inspired me to Google her speech.  Made me both smile and tear up. Excellent. 😊

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Anyone going to watch The Emmys Monday night ( NBC 8:00-11:00)? I will watch but if it runs late, I'm out at 11:00, 3 hours is plenty of time for the show. 

I did not watch but I am so happy Abbot Elementary won two Emmys, that show is awesome.  I have watched some moments on youtube and for the most part people dressed classy, almost like old Hollywood.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it.  Everybody looked sooo nice - Many fabulous gowns.  No political speeches - Just a couple of random current event  jokes.  I thought Kenan was a good host.  Finished on time - Maybe a couple of minutes over.  I agree about the "In Memorium."  They did the same at the Oscars - You couldn't see all the names and faces, due to the camera work.

Honored Contributor

Really good show-moved right along-everyone was in good spirits, and cheerful and upbeat. No political talk~!Everyone looked really nice as well...I agree with the memoriam..Wish it was completely silent until the end!

Esteemed Contributor

I DVR the show , so I could FF.   At least it wasn't political.

I have always like Jean Smart and glad she won an Award.

Except for not reconizing her face, a lot of botox.  She looked old Hollywood in her outfit. Classy. No slits up to the waist and boobs hanging out.  Old hollywood, dressed classy.  I saw some last night, but a lot of skin also.   I didn't see a lot of class as far as dresses were concern.  I saw absolutely non of the shows, but then non appealed to me.  I am defintely from another era of TV, but glad everyone enjoyed it.

Esteemed Contributor

@forego 

@forego wrote:

Would not watch it if you paid me. dont know the actors or the shows.

would not waste my time.

I am old school and want to watch shows, not many out there, that are funny, not stupid comedy, and feeling good in a world of today, that has so many problems.  I don't want to watch someone else's problems or reality. I want to fantizize.  The perfiect family, the dancing and singing. Like I said, I'm old school.

Seems like all shows today are killing, depression, dope.  The real world. I'll read for awhile instead.