Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Was happy to hear that Viola Davis (How to Get Away with Murder) won.

John Hamm too.

Regina King won for "American Crime" -- I liked this win, too.

American Crime was so hard to watch. It felt like getting punched in the gut for an hour one night a week.

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched the opening monologue, nothing funny there.

Regular Contributor

I was glad to see that "Olive Kitteridge" from HBO swept its categories.  I thought this was one of the best, if not the best, tv show I watched last year.

Valued Contributor
I agree the comedy was pretty lame to me but I'm not a comedy person. On the other hand I think there's a number of excellent tv shows, dramas for me.

Curious what the good shows from the past are. Hart to Hart is on Hallmark now and won lots of awards. Watching it now, it's dreadful
Honored Contributor

Re:  Andy Samberg - I think he's cute and talented.  But I think most of the problem was timing.  He needs to fine-tune his timing.  There were some decent jokes.

Over all - I got my ONE wish - 

Spoiler
Jon Hamm for the win.   I was ecstatic.  I think he was too.  Smiley Happy   Funny how he just climbed over the stage.   

This was a tough one.  I love love love Kevin Spacey but I really wanted this one for Jon Hamm.
Respected Contributor

And once again Tatiana Malsany gets robbed for an emmy. Best Actress in a drama. Serioulsy she is playing at least 9 different characters at any given time in each episode. She does such an amazing job that you forget it is one actress in the multiple roles. She deserved the award.

Her show for those who do not watch is Orphan Black on BBC-America.

Valued Contributor

They kept showing Tatiana onthe red carpet fashion segments but never talked about her that I heard. She looked totally different from any of her characters buy maybe closest to Allison. One of my favorite shows but maybe not well known here.

Respected Contributor

I love Orphan Black and Tatiana Maslany is amazing.  You really do forget it's the same actress playing all those characters.   She deserved the Emmy in my opinion.  Viola Davis has also been very good and she gave a great speech.  Maybe next year for Tatiana.

Honored Contributor

@JanetsGirl Can I see the "Kittridge" show somewhere besides HBO?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I loved that Viola Davis won.  I loved her speech and I loved the dress and the fact that she didn't wear a wig and looked amazing (I have to wear a wig because I don't have much hair (old age and thyroid).  

I loved Taraj Henson (sp) I liked everyone who won.  I wish it was a little more spread out (I like it when lots of different people win).

I think of acting like a sport.  People work hard at their job or learning something and they get judged.  Sometimes it doesn't seem fair but we are a goal-oriented society (that's one of the things that makes our country great).

I don't believe in rewarding just for showing up but I do believe that there are others who do things just as good as those who won over and over again.

I think I'll go now I'm not even making sense to me (and that worries me).