Super Contributor

Sorry, but I don't think Andy Samberg is doing a great job as host.   His jokes are not funny.    His comedy is more for a frat house group than adults.   

Without a dynamic and good host, award shows are so boring and lame.

Give me Ricky Gervais any day.

Esteemed Contributor

I think this is the most boring Emmy show ever and I agree about the host.  Add to that, I don't know who half of these people are - guess I am showing my age.  Not like the awards shows from years ago.

Respected Contributor

Boring show.  I switched over to TNT to watch Red.

Honored Contributor

By adult, I assume you mean the over 50 crowd?  I think he's doing a very good job.  Not outstanding but good.  I think the producers wanted a young funny guy from a hit show that younger people would watch.  I think much of the humor just isn't funny but that is true of all awards shows.  The humor is always forced and corny.

Esteemed Contributor

So happy Jon Hamm won - finally!

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

By adult, I assume you mean the over 50 crowd?  I think he's doing a very good job.  Not outstanding but good.  I think the producers wanted a young funny guy from a hit show that younger people would watch.  I think much of the humor just isn't funny but that is true of all awards shows.  The humor is always forced and corny.

No, I mean the over 25 crowd.    He only got the job because he's on a Fox show and Fox is airing the awards.    It's all about promotion and making $$$$$.

The host's humor shouldn't be forced and corny.

Honored Contributor

@SF Girl wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think Andy Samberg is doing a great job as host.   His jokes are not funny.    His comedy is more for a frat house group than adults.   

Without a dynamic and good host, award shows are so boring and lame.

Give me Ricky Gervais any day.

Never heard of this guy before today  ..... saw it advertised and I thought they were referring to Adam Sandler .... who is also too juvenile to host a large event like this.     Not a good choice.

Esteemed Contributor

The fashions are mostly awful.

Regular Contributor

The host (who the heck IS he anyway? Never heard of him.) was horrible and so awkward. I sat through the first award and then just couldn't take it any longer. Switched over to Bravo and "Married to Medicine". Now, what does THAT tell you? I'd rather watch that drivel than the Emmy's. Sad. Normally I'm glued to the show.

Respected Contributor

Ricky Gervais' few minutes on the stage were funnier than "who the heck is he anyway's" entire night......