Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The Ellen DeGeneres Show' suspends production until March 30

[ Edited ]

for those that enjoy the Ellen show....guess it will be reruns for a while....

Ellen Degeneres  announced Friday that her daytime talk show will suspend production completely as a result of concerns surrounding the virus.

DeGeneres tweeted Friday afternoon about the news.

"Hey there. Me again. So, after some more thought, we have decided to suspend production completely until March 30th," she wrote. "We just want to take every precaution to ensure that we do our part to keep everyone healthy. I love you guys, and can’t wait to come back. I’m already bored.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Ellen DeGeneres Show' suspends production until March 30

Yes, I think every show that depends on a studio audience will end up being suspended OR be a shadow of its former self.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I figured this would happen with all daytime talk shows. First, no audience, secondly, it's going to get hard  booking guests, no one is going to want to travel to either Los Angeles or New York City.

Esteemed Contributor

More people out of work.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

To be selfish for just a sec - I kind of liked when some shows went to a 'no audience' format last week because I hate studio audiences.  Too much racket where I cannot hear the people talking.

OTOH, I can totally understand them doing what they need to do to keep more people safe.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The Talk was a rerun today. it was scheduled to be a new show without an audience, but it was a rerun.