Honored Contributor

Tonight on CNN The Eighties premieres  at 9:00. It takes a look at the events and trends of this decade. It's Raised On Television which looks at how viewing habits changed thanks to VCRs and remote controls. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for reminding me, I will DVR it.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

i will be watching it as it reruns........enjoyed the 60s series, LOVED the 70s series, interested in seeing the 80s series. i wonder why they didnt do the 50s?

thanks for the heads up that it is starting back again!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVED last night's episode! Most of the programs that they showed, I remember watching as a teen.

It brought back a lot of wonderful memories for me.

Honored Contributor

Ooh, thanks!  Loved 'The Sixties' and 'The Seventies'.  Didn't know a new one was happening.   

Honored Contributor

It was OK...all about the TV shows of the '80s.   My biggest takeaway from it was being amazed that it's been 30 yrs. since some of those shows were on.  Time flies!

I may skip next week's about AIDS.   Too depressing although there have been amazing advances since the '80s epidemic.  Still, I'm not sure I want to bring back those memories of the '80s.

Valued Contributor

My husband and I absolutely LOVED it last night--we felt like we were in a time warp--LOL!  Remember and watched so many of those shows.  I, too, loved the The Sixties and the Seventies, so I knew this one would be great, too.  Looking forward to the whole series.

Honored Contributor

As an aside, I liked that Hanks was interviewed with his hair naturally gray.   Maybe he was for the other previous decades too but if so, I wasn't paying enough attention to have noticed and I think I would have noticed.  Good for you, Tom, for being on-camera gray.  

Shelly Long looked good for her age.   Stephen Bochco  (sp?) hasn't aged very well.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i will be watching it as it reruns........enjoyed the 60s series, LOVED the 70s series, interested in seeing the 80s series. i wonder why they didnt do the 50s?

thanks for the heads up that it is starting back again!

Here's the 50s for you, Sunshine!  It has three parts.  I watched all three.

http://biggeekdad.com/2013/01/the-best-of-times/

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I saw part of it. Gosh I forgot about so many of those things. Brought back some great memories. I saw the one on the 60's and 70's. These are some great specials.