Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The Eichmann Show: Netflix

[ Edited ]

This is the astonishing true story behind a moment in TV history: the live 1961 broadcast of Nazi mass-murder Adolf Eichmann's trial in Jerusalem. 

Cast: Martin Freeman, Anthony Lapaglia, Rebecca Front 

Director: Paul Andrew Williams 

Movies based on real life, British Movies [2015]

Respected Contributor

Re: The Erichmann Show: Netflix

@Sweet_Serenity   You might want to correct the spelling so people can find it, it’s The Eichmann Show. Thanks for the notice, I love getting Netflix recommendations.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Erichmann Show: Netflix

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity   You might want to correct the spelling so people can find it, it’s The Eichmann Show. Thanks for the notice, I love getting Netflix recommendations.

Forgive me for not checking the title. In my haste forgot. Hopefully they knew by the spelling typo. The film is worth watching. Holocaust is a very important history reminder, grew up with stories, and family members who didn't survive. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Eichmann Show: Netflix

I saw it and it is well done.....recommend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a teen, I remember watching the trial on tv.  It was in black & white. 

I also remember Simon Wiesenthal hunting him, the Mossad capturing him & smuggling him out of So. America to stand trial in Israel.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Born in 58 so missed the broadcast. Thought the movie incorporating the footage very well done. Yes, Simon W hero in every sense of the meaning. 

I have watched the movie more than once. Each time see something new. 

May we never forget anyone is capable of such horrors. Thanks, For sharing. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was young when Eichmann was found and I do remember his trial. More vividly, I recall many documentaries about the Holocaust and I don’t think I can take seeing more. I also spoke to survivors so I shall never forget and I don’t need to be reminded. I even had the honor of meeting Simon Wiesenthal when he spoke at my alma mater.  Many know nothing about this horror of history so it is important that these programs are presented. It’s just that it’s too painful for me personally.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian  

Family members who didn't survive Holocaust remembrance of them and all the lives lost. Message taken from this film is given the right circumstances people are capable of such crimes and comes subtly when least expected.