Honored Contributor

The Dr. Phil show yesterday and today

If you watched....

I feel Dr. Phil should have had  let both parents  take a lie detector test.  The Mother wanted to....but, Dr. Phil  never let her and He  decided that he KNEW the truth and that was that. 

I feel  that if Dr Phil had just let her take the test, at least there would be no question as to  her either having told  the little  girl what to say....or that she did not.  Why wouldn’t he let her take the test?   And let the Father take one as well. 

For me it it would have put more closure on the  whole situation.  At least from a TV audience perspective.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Dr. Phil show yesterday and today

I agree @SeaMaiden.  I'm finding Dr. Phil to be over the top these days with his arrogance and his holier than thou attitude.  He thinks he has all the answers and he thinks he resolves all issues.  Half the time, when his show ends, I still have questions and don't feel issues have been resolved.  I don't know why I continue to watch.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I saw parts of that too.  I sometimes catch bits and pieces because I'm flicking the channels.

I knew of someone in a similar case.  Nothing came of it because it was proven that the young girl's cousin did it.  Crazy, I know.  They were both very, very young.

I felt sick to my stomach seeing Dr Phil decide all of his whatever years decided her body language said she was lying.  My goodness, that man really has talents, doesn't he?

He makes me sick!  Only a person who's totally trained in this can talk to a young child, the parents and even then it's hard for THEM to totally be sure.  But mostly what I know about it (and you could put what I know in a thimble) they sure wouldn't have declared the mother lying and telling her in front of millions of TV people she's lying and bla bla.

Why is he on TV?  Why do people come to the audience to see this?  I don't understand the purpose of a TV audience?  

I know for some people they can't afford to get help (i.e. addicts, alcoholics, etc) and going on his show means they'll get free help, I understand that.

But something like this....I would think would be better suited in an office with qualified people.  

If there's some good about doing this in front of an audience on TV (I'm totally serious) I hope someone explains it because I don't.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1  @Annabellethecat66   Yes!  To what you both wrote in your posts.  The good Doctor is very arrogant...I do not watch very often any more.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't convinced that the mother wasn't telling the truth. 

I don't know why Dr Phil would say he was so sure the father was innocent.

I was thinking maybe he knew more than what was televised.

I rarely watch but just so happen to have it on today. It was all very strange to me. He acted as if he was positive the mother was not truthful but no lie detector tests were given. I don't think we know the entire or true story.

Honored Contributor

I quit watching a few years ago.  I watched all the time for several years, but it got "old".  Surprised it has lasted so long.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@SeaMaiden I saw parts of that too.  I sometimes catch bits and pieces because I'm flicking the channels.

I knew of someone in a similar case.  Nothing came of it because it was proven that the young girl's cousin did it.  Crazy, I know.  They were both very, very young.

I felt sick to my stomach seeing Dr Phil decide all of his whatever years decided her body language said she was lying.  My goodness, that man really has talents, doesn't he?

He makes me sick!  Only a person who's totally trained in this can talk to a young child, the parents and even then it's hard for THEM to totally be sure.  But mostly what I know about it (and you could put what I know in a thimble) they sure wouldn't have declared the mother lying and telling her in front of millions of TV people she's lying and bla bla.

Why is he on TV?  Why do people come to the audience to see this?  I don't understand the purpose of a TV audience?  

I know for some people they can't afford to get help (i.e. addicts, alcoholics, etc) and going on his show means they'll get free help, I understand that.

But something like this....I would think would be better suited in an office with qualified people.  

If there's some good about doing this in front of an audience on TV (I'm totally serious) I hope someone explains it because I don't.

I think he has gotten so full of himself that he believes he knows it all. He seems to be much more worried about good TV than helping people with serious problems. He uses them ..plain and simple. They get paid (most likely because they are desperate and need money and help due  to addiction, abuse, etc.) He exploits them and walks away with a fat wallet and ego.

Contributor

He gives me the creeps when he sometimes looks out of the corner of his eyes especially when he gives his "opinion". Sooo tired of his pushing Robin's stuff at the end of a show. So inappropriate when his show is cut short so he can tell us how wonderful her stuff is. I always turn it off at that point. Just don't watch anymore.

Super Contributor

The mother is a pathetic excuse for a mom. Dr. Phil called her out on how neglectful she was in NOT immediately reporting the sexual abuse. She made a lot of excuses on why she didn't. Her mother is a loud mouthed idiot. Hopefully, the father will get custody. The mother is SO unstable and needs serious help.

Super Contributor

wrote:

Dr. Phil IS trained in talking to a young child. He was correct in his assessment of the POS mother who is a total liar