Valued Contributor

Count me in as a fan.  I am on episode 4 and thoroughly enjoying it.  Am a fan of Keri Russell and love Rufus Sewell.  Good acting.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Diplomat, new on Netflix

I read about this the other day and plan to watch it.  Right now I'm watching Ted Lasso and The Last Thing He Told Me.  I also need to finish Daisy Jones and The Six.  

I definitely plan to watch it though.  I like Kerri Russell, and this sounds good.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had high hopes for this one but that was not the case.

I really enjoyed Keri Russell in her role in "The Americans."  She was wonderful playing a Russian spy.

Two episodes in and I can't buy the ludicrous plot in the movie wherein the VP is stepping down and they want to groom Kate (Keri) for the job.  Seriously, putting a career diplomat in the VP spot?  Even considering "artistic license" that is totally absurd.

So much of the story thus far is just too "out there" for me.

I don't think I will continue with the series.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I had high hopes for this one but that was not the case.

I really enjoyed Keri Russell in her role in "The Americans."  She was wonderful playing a Russian spy.

Two episodes in and I can't buy the ludicrous plot in the movie wherein the VP is stepping down and they want to groom Kate (Keri) for the job.  Seriously, putting a career diplomat in the VP spot?  Even considering "artistic license" that is totally absurd.

So much of the story thus far is just too "out there" for me.

I don't think I will continue with the series.

Agreed, plus the language is terrible, & she looks like a mess!

Honored Contributor

I just finished this series, I have to say it was a 👎 for me. I thought it was rather boring, I didn't care for any of the characters. The ending was such that there could be a second season. 

Valued Contributor

@Magny  I do have to agree with Keri Russell's appearance.  I kept think each episode would begin with the character having a make over.  Her hair was so unattractive.JMO

Respected Contributor

@Terrywu wrote:

@Magny  I do have to agree with Keri Russell's appearance.  I kept think each episode would begin with the character having a make over.  Her hair was so unattractive.JMO

Terrywu -  I thought the exact same thing!  I found it so hard to believe that a woman in her position would look like a complete slob.  Her hair was such a distraction.  Stingy and greasy looking.  I enjoyed the show though and hope it comes back as it ended with a great cliff-hanger.  At the end, at the  ball, she finally looked beautiful with that gown and some make-up and her hair not hanging down like it was.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha @Mindy D @lovesallanimals @Terrywu 

I totally agree.  I was so bored and found it totally unbelievable.   I found her dirty straggly hair and unkempt appearance totally unbelievable for an Anbassador.  What turned me off te most was the stupid quick dialog.  Nobody talks like that.  100 thumbs down for me.  7 episodes of conversations about who the culprit was - took 8 episodes for snything to happen - do predictable and dumb

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've finished the eight episodes and I found it far from being a thriller. It's like a wannabe for Homeland (fantastic series) but with no excitement. The promise for a winning series I saw in Episode 1 never delivered.  The plot isn't good. The notion of this ambassador being on a short list for the Vice Presidency is ridiculous. The dialogue isn't good. The acting from Russell is good, but her part never evolves. The characters are dull. The ending comes upon us abruptly. I had to check to see if there were more episodes. It's obvious from the ending that they are hoping for a season 2. 

I also felt like putting some makeup and earrings on Keri myself. Her character loves the plain Jane look and it just seems odd to see. 
    I didn't really like this series and I grade it a C.

Respected Contributor

I found the scene when she was dressing and had her husband smell her armpit - disgusting!