Respected Contributor

This Jack Lemon movie will be on TCM at 9:30 PM tonight - after midnight for those on the East Coast. This movie and The Apartment are just 2 of my favorite Jack Lemon movies.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Days of Wine and Roses

Thank you for the reminder.  One of my favorite movies.

I like "The Apartment," too.  He was a wonderful actor.  "Missing" and "The Out-of-Towners" are two more of my favorite Jack Lemmon movies.

Honored Contributor

One of my favs.

Honored Contributor

Whenever the Apartment is on, I watch it.  I saw it in the movies when it came out and loved it.  The theme is wonderful, Ferrante and Teicher , two pianos and magic!  I also think the Days of Wine and Roses is an excellent movie and Lemon was perfect for the part as was Lee Remick.  Jack Lemon was always a favorite of mine , he was as talented in comedies as in dramas, in my opinion, one of the top actors.

Valued Contributor

@Desert Lily  Thanks for the heads-up.  The Days of Wine and Roses will be followed by another favorite of mine - The Lost Weekend with Ray Milland and Jane Wyman.  'Looks like the tube will be on all night here on the east coast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

@SuesCat

I record anything that I want to see in case I miss it.  These 2 movies are definitely going to be recorded! 

Valued Contributor

So it's 10:40 pm here and i'm sipping the Merlot i poured myself about an hour ago.  Now i have these two movies lined up.  Uhhhh, hmmmm - do i see a theme here?  LoL  Have a great night, everyone ; - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Esteemed Contributor

I watched "North by Northwest" and want to see Days of Wine and Roses too...

I just don't think they make good movies like this anymore...

Trusted Contributor

I never saw The Days of Wine and Roses until I was in my 30's.  I remember thinking of Jack Lemmon in a new way, a fabulous range as an actor. The movie was so sad.  I have never watched it again but it would be on a list of all time best for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

This Jack Lemon movie will be on TCM at 9:30 PM tonight - after midnight for those on the East Coast. This movie and The Apartment are just 2 of my favorite Jack Lemon movies.

@Desert Lily  I so agree with you ,  the Apartment is my all time favorite Jack Lemon movie !  Shirley MacClain is fabulous in it too!!    I like days of wine and roses,  the acting is superb,  but very depressing as well.