Honored Contributor

The Day Mars Invaded Earth-- Fox Movie Channel 11:00 A.M.

One of those satisfyingly eerie paranoid thriller-esque science fiction B movies of the Fifties--early Sixties.  If you like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers",  you might like this.

NASA scientist Kent Taylor joins his family at a secluded estate for some R and R and quality time together.  He's been involved in a big Mars project and may have been neglecting his family, especially his wife, Marie Windsor.

Litlle do they know, there are some outer space entities interested in finding humans they can "inhabit" so that they can complete their bloodless invasion of Earth.  The Idyllic estate becomes less and less idyllic...

Not sure if there are many sci fi afficionados here, but this movie is low-tech and has a very noir-ish feeling to it,  It even has film noir actress Marie Windsor to enhance the atmosphere.  Warning: the film is a little unsettling.

This movie is preceded by "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", but the Fox Movie Channel has shown that so many times it feels like a weekly TV show! 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Day Mars Invaded Earth-- Fox Movie Channel 11:00 A.M.

Thanks for this-not because I like sci-fi but because I love Kent Taylor, hahaha. He played Boston Blackie in the series. And I did love Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Day the Earth Stood Still (they tried to remake this-harrumpf!) But that about ends it. I might look for this one another day.