Honored Contributor

Re: The Dateline JonBenet Show 9/9

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, good grief.  People, even children are killed every day in this country and many of those crimes are never solved.  What makes this case different?   Are you weeping over all unsolved murders?  Or just the murders of little blond pagenat contestants?  

@chrystaltree   Oh good grief. I don't understand why it bothers you so much that we are discussing this real-life mystery, which I find quite intriguing.  And no, I'm not weeping over all the children who are murdered, to answer your question.  Now please leave us to want to discuss it alone to do that without your constantly critcizing us for doing so.

The thing about this board is that it's an open board, you can srart a thread but you can't dicate who can or cannot participate.  I can say what I want and you are free to ignore me.  

Yawn - but it's realy getting tiresome.   Why don't you let people enjoy their discussion?  We aren't going to start not being interested in this case or start talking about every murdered child just because you don't like our discussion.  And feel free to start your own threads about other murdered children rather than drop your "downer" bombs into our discussion.   And yes, you are free to do so but really, it's getting quite old - I may let the mods know and they may think you are posting off topic.  In fact yeah, that's a good idea....

Contributor

What I feel is the most important evidence they talked about is....the DNA on her body did Not match anyone in the family, that is why they were all cleared of her murder.

i feel so bad that Patsy died without ever knowing who killed her beautiful baby girl, both parents were really treated very badly!  Just because they didn't act like people thought they should act.  Hopefully, one day we will learn who did this awful murder of little 

JonBenet.

Honored Contributor

I watched and came to the opposite opinion; the Ramsays had nothing what so ever to do with their child's death.

The ransom letter:

What possible reason would Patsy have for writing it? If she knew her daughter was dead in the basement it could hardly be passed off as a kidnapping. 

Why three pages? Patsy as well as the rest of us know that ransom notes are only a sentence or two.

It seems to me that those who wish to believe the Ramseys are responsible rely on speculation and unproven information presented as fact and disregard any and all proven evidence that exonerates the.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

I watched and came to the opposite opinion; the Ramsays had nothing what so ever to do with their child's death.

The ransom letter:

What possible reason would Patsy have for writing it? If she knew her daughter was dead in the basement it could hardly be passed off as a kidnapping. 

Why three pages? Patsy as well as the rest of us know that ransom notes are only a sentence or two.

It seems to me that those who wish to believe the Ramseys are responsible rely on speculation and unproven information presented as fact and disregard any and all proven evidence that exonerates the.

The Dateline program mentioned that there is evidence that the body of JonBenet was inside the suitcase by the window, but that the suitcase would not fit through the window.  Seems the original plan was to sneak her body out of the house.  Therefore, the ransom note explaining why she was missing.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was interesting to hear the 911 operator say she heard three voices at the Ramsey house during the 911 call.  IMO it's time to release that tape.  

I was also interested in hearing the PR man's surprise of seeing the Ramseys on Larry King CNN days after the murder.  Imagine seeing your new clients on national TV!  

I liked the way they showed connections between the ransom note and movie clips.  Hard to imagine intruders standing around in the house drafting that while the Ramseys were out to dinner.

I'm disappointed they didn't have any statements about or from Fleet White.  He was there when JonBenet was found, he observed Burke that morning, and he made behind the scenes observations at the funeral. I think his eyewitness testimony is a key element, yet these first two shows didn't really mention him at all.  I guess he and his family want to put this behind them.

I wish more attention could be given to JonBenet's and Burke's medical history including therapy sessions before the murder.  While that information has been classified confidential, I think it could provide some missing links. I've read that JonBenet saw the doctor more than 30 times during a two year period, and both kids had been in therapy. 

@Pearlee I agree that the dynamics between the Ramseys on the morning of the investigation were odd, and it would be nice to hear some more about that tease.  I always thought it was strange they didn't talk much to each other that morning and never commented that the time had passed for the kidnappers to call.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, good grief.  People, even children are killed every day in this country and many of those crimes are never solved.  What makes this case different?   Are you weeping over all unsolved murders?  Or just the murders of little blond pagenat contestants?  

@chrystaltree  What makes this case "different" is that it was widely publicized at the time and throughout the years so it only makes sense that people would show an interest in it as opposed to cases they would never have heard of - so how could anyone show an interest in them???  No one is "weeping" here - just discussing  the show and the perplexing case that was in the news all these years.

Honored Contributor

@Pook ITA. I'm still interested in the Jack the Ripper case! It's human nature to want to know who 'dunnit' and will always be intriguing to me. I stayed away from this one because I don't think little girls should be made up to look like women and then be forced to be in a beauty contest or whatever they call them. It always put me off. 

Honored Contributor

@Poopie wrote:

What I feel is the most important evidence they talked about is....the DNA on her body did Not match anyone in the family, that is why they were all cleared of her murder.

i feel so bad that Patsy died without ever knowing who killed her beautiful baby girl, both parents were really treated very badly!  Just because they didn't act like people thought they should act.  Hopefully, one day we will learn who did this awful murder of little 

JonBenet.

@Poopie  Did you not hear the FBI agent?  There was other DNA found too - multiple unknown DNA not just the  instances  D.A. Mary Lacey focused on in her exoneration of the Ramseys. It could all be just trace DNA form people having handled JB's clothes.

@wildcat fan  I kept wanting to hear from Fleet White too.  From the books I've read, he and his wife started out not thinking the Ramseys could have done it...but changed their minds.   I'm assuming, like you, that the media has wanted them to participate in these shows but they are declining to.

I'm glad this show clarified that the police did indeed follow all leads and weren't "keystone cops" after that first big blunder of treating the scene as a kidnapping rather than a murder.

Valued Contributor

Of course PR did it and then attempted to cover it up.  

Along these lines, has anyone seen the show Toddlers and Tiara's?  It's quite disturbing to see these children dressed up as adults.  I see a lot of emotional issues ( both mother and child).  I can't help but feel these same/like issues existed in the Ramsey house.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Haven't watched the show yet.

But @chrystaltree, not going to justify anyone's interest but just correct you that JonBenet Ramsey was not a "little blond pageant contestant."  

I am so tired of reading she was blonde and blue-eyed.  She was not.  

At the age of five her mother began dyeing her dirty blonde hair.  At first she took JonBenet to her hairdresser but JonBenet hated the fumes and would cry while her hair was being done, so the hairdresser refused.  

After that Patsy did it herself.  She wouldn't admit it to law enforcement but friends and the nanny and housekeeper knew all about it.   JB had chronic sinus problems and some think it was the effect of the bleach on her little nose.

And she wasn't blue-eyed either.  She was brown-eyed.  Patsy had her wear contacts, usually blue but sometimes green.  I've been corrected elsewhere.  Her eyes were actually green.  It's a fact that Patsy made her wear contacts to make them blue.

It matters because her short life was not a happy one despite what the family's PR people would have us believe.  Some who knew her said she didn't enjoy the pageants, others said she hated preparing for them but loved the actual performing.  

Then there was the chronic molestation with either fingers or objects.  The prior cruelty by her brother.  Possible bullying at school.   There's a reason she wet the bed at six years old and still wore Pull-Ups.  Sad little life, grotesque, unsolved death.