Honored Contributor

Purchased the first season of The Crown. Can't believe how really great it is. I think I will try to buy more of seasons. We cannot stream,but are thinking of buying Roku.

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Purchased the first season of The Crown. Can't believe how really great it is. I think I will try to buy more of seasons. We cannot stream,but are thinking of buying Roku.

Can you get Netflix? It would be a lot cheaper. Smiley Happy

Contributor

The Crown is one of the best series I have EVER seen on TV.  I recommend it to everyone!

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Can you get Netflix? It would be a lot cheaper. Smiley Happy

Roku you only have to pay for once.  Then you get Netflix which is on the Roku.  That costs around $10 a month.  It's worth it when you can get other programs also.

Trusted Contributor

The Crown is the only reason I got Netflix and I am enjoying some other programming as well.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. I am looking to buy all the seasons. 

I am not sure if we would like streaming. We live way out in the woods and cannot get cable,but we do have a dish.

Honored Contributor

The more I watch,the more I really enjoy this series. There are at lot of subtle nuances,such as the Africans not singing God Save the Queen. I really enjoy the actor that plays Phillip. Also the sets are amazing.

Trusted Contributor

@AbbeyPenny wrote:

The Crown is one of the best series I have EVER seen on TV.  I recommend it to everyone!

I totally agree and often say the same! Even the close-captioning is perfectly done!