Respected Contributor

Reminder:  Season 3 starts this Sunday (11/17) on Netflix.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder....waiting patiently!

Honored Contributor

Watched the earlier ones and did not care for it.

Now,King Charles III is great. You'll never guess who Lady MacBeth is.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I just started to rewatch season 2...its been awhile couldnt remember where it left off.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I just started to rewatch season 2...its been awhile couldnt remember where it left off.

I am doing the same.

I also watch Victoria, and they sort of converge in my mind after a while and I forget which story is which.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My dvr will be humming. Between "Ray Donovan" starting again and "The Crown" I'll have a lot to watch next week! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I watched the first three episodes of The Crown today, Season 3. I am underwhelmed by the actress playing the Queen. She is probably very good at what she does, but I am old enough to remember some of the things that are being portrayed, and I don't recall the Queen looking so dreary. 

Didn't the present Queen say that she was unhappy with this season's episodes? I think I read that somewhere. Not sure if it was how she is being portrayed or if the story line got too personal or was incorrect.

I really did like the first season with the actors/actresses who portrayed everyone. To me they were more convincing than the ones this season. Really wish they would have stayed with the first actress to play the Queen in this series. Surely they could have made her look older as each season goes by.

Will continue to watch the entire season, of course; but just disappointed that for me it is not living up to the past seasons. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler , I could have written your post.  I just messaged a friend saying the same thing--why didn't they just age the first acress who placed Queen Elizabeth as well as the actress who placed Princess Margaret?  The actress playing the queen does an okay job, but she is my least favorite of the new casting.  I like the actress playing Princess Margaret for the most part and really like the actor playing Prince Phillip.  At least he and the first actor really do resemble PP.  We've only watched 2 episodes, but I am enjoying it a lot.

Honored Contributor

I watched them all.

Episode 3 - Aberfan is tough to watch.

And then it gets good ;o)

I have a new appreciation for:

Princess Alice

Princess Anne

Prince Charles

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg I think I just figured out WHY I don't care for the new Queen in The Crown. After watching the 4th episode with Alice and Mountbatten, I see such a world of difference in the acting. It dawned on me that the actress who plays Alice and the actor who plays Mountbatten are believable to me. They feel natural in their acting abilities. They don't seem to be acting; it's as though they ARE those two people.

The new Queen on the episodes seems more like a caricature of the present Queen. She just doesn't feel natural in her acting. I know nothing about the actress who plays her, what else she has acted in, and she may have been very good in other things. But in this, it just isn't believable to me. 

I also noticed that this season (so far thru episode 4) that there is more of a storyline regarding other people, towns, events; whereas, I felt the first two seasons were more about the Royal family, not so much the events surrounding them. A lot of time was spent on the town who lost so many children, etc. It seems episode 3 and 4 were handled that way......more about others and not as much detail about the Royals. Season 1 and 2 weren't that way, as I recall it.

Just my thoughts.