Respected Contributor

The Crown...my new sleeping pill

This kind of show is usually my thing.  I loved Queen Victoria on Masterpiece.  But somehow the Crown bores me to death.  I turn it on when I go to bed and make myself watch it and I am asleep in no time.  No side effects...

Honored Contributor

Re: The Crown...my new sleeping pill

@chiclet  I don't watch the show so have nothing to add regarding it. Dropped in to say the title of your thread made me smile. Thank you. Happy smiley 30

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

While @chiclet is getting a good night sleep watching The Crown, I'm loosing sleep watching it!   I have no interest in the Royals whatsoever so I had put off watching this until recently and I'm hooked.  I've learned so much watching this historical piece.  Of course I am a bit familiar with the history but I actually sit with my iPad researching more about the events and characters. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu -

I did the same! I would pause it while I looked up facts about Margaret Thatcher or Winston Churchill, Edward Heath and how the British thought of them. I really enjoyed watching this and yes lost sleep too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I just started watching this last week and got DH into it as well. We are really enjoying it, already half way through season 2. With Thanksgiving coming up and not seeing the Grandkids this will al least make it go by quicker.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

My sister loves this show and kept telling me I had to watch it.  I just recently got Netflix and it is on my list to watch.  I am currently watching Grace & Frankie and love that show.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really like it!  Getting close to finishing the new season.  When we first started I wasn't sure I would make it through as it seemed slow and not exciting like Reign!   But my daughter was ahead of me and told me to stick with it and I am glad I did, enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

I loved it and finished it in a few days! 

While not perfect I found it well done and enjoyed seeing the RF portrayed though from what I understand I got the impression they weren't thrilled with it themselves.

I watched on my laptop (DH had no interest) and would pause whenever I would be interested in a particualr piece of history.  For example, I had no idea about the Aberfan  coal mining distater (in a previous season) or to compare the actors to those they were portraying.  

I can't wait to see season five!

Respected Contributor

Both my husband and myself really enjoy watching it. I do however have to say that it gets me irritated sometimes and then I have to wait a day or two before I watch another episode. LOL I don't like the way Charles and the Queen act towards Princess Diana. But then I get past it and go back to watching. It really is very well done.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

My sister loves this show and kept telling me I had to watch it.  I just recently got Netflix and it is on my list to watch.  I am currently watching Grace & Frankie and love that show.  

Pecky:  I Love, Love, Grace and Frankie.  I think this is the last season.  I am so sad to see it end.  This show is so well written, and so much fun to watch.  I am going to rewatch it from the beginnning.  One of the few shows that make me laugh out loud.  Also Love the Crown.