Respected Contributor

Re: The Crown - On Netflix 11/15/20

Queen Elizabeth II’s reign on the throne just got a little longer.

Thanks to The Crown creator/executive producer Peter Morgan changing his mind about the fifth season finale doubling as a series finale, the Netflix historical drama now will continue for an unexpected sixth season.

“As we started to discuss the storylines for Series 5, it soon became clear that in order to do justice to the richness and complexity of the story we should go back to the original plan and do six seasons,” said Morgan.

According to the EP, Season 6 will not bring the story’s timeline closer to present-day, but will allow the series to explore the same time period in greater detail.

(Prince Charles has yet to be cast)

Imelda Stauton as the Queen.

Who Is Imelda Staunton? About The New Queen Elizabeth In 'The ...

Lesley Manville as Princess Margaret.

Lesley Manville Cast as The Crown's Princess Margaret - PureWow

Jonathan Pryce as Prince Philip.

The Crown: Jonathan Pryce distribuit în rolul prințului Philip ...

Elizabeth Debicki as Princess Diana.

Elizabeth Debicki Will Play Princess Diana In 'The Crown' | Access

Honored Contributor

@lmt Oh, thanks for the post! So, so glad to hear they are going beyond the original four episodes. Good news!

Honored Contributor

We watched the first season and loved it. Didn't even make it through last season, it was awful. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@lmt 

Oh yes I meant I'm glad they replaced Helena Bonham Carter.  I thought that was this season but now that you say that, I remember they said in the future seasons.  Oh well I'll still be watching.

Super Contributor

I am glad to see The Crown returning in November 2020. I knew they filmed Season 3 and 4 back to back. There will be a much longer wait between Seasons 4 and 5.  I didn't enjoy Season 3 just like so many others have stated. Princess Diana was only a year older than me so I am really looking forward to her prescence in the series. I should remember many of the events that occurred during this time period.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler me too!