Honored Contributor

Re: The Crown- NetFlix Season 2

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Best show since Downton Abbey.

@proudlyfromNJ

If you think that, then you need to binge watch all 5 seasons of Upstairs Downstairs the all time original!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Best show since Downton Abbey.

@proudlyfromNJ

If you think that, then you need to binge watch all 5 seasons of Upstairs Downstairs the all time original!

@Mz iMac.  I saw the series when it first came out in the 70's. I even have the series on dvd.

Regular Contributor

The Crown is EXCELLENT, Highly recommend! Claire Foy was just nominated for a Golden Globe. She is terrific as Queen Elizabeth.  I sometimes forget I'm watching a semi-fictionalized version of events, it's so good!

Valued Contributor

The second season is the last for the current cast.  They have done a terrific job.  It will be interesting to see their replacements in season 3.

Honored Contributor

@Jannyg wrote:

The second season is the last for the current cast.  They have done a terrific job.  It will be interesting to see their replacements in season 3. 

Thank you for the heads up! Excellent cast. 

Regular Contributor

I wonder how the royal family feels about this rendering of their history? Also wonder if any royal or anyone close to the royals provide any of the material used on the show....

Honored Contributor

@Maudlynn wrote:

I wonder how the royal family feels about this rendering of their history? Also wonder if any royal or anyone close to the royals provide any of the material used on the show.... 

NetFlix- "The Royal House of Windser" 

Excellent series on the background story. 

Respected Contributor

I've been binging this and only have 2 hours left. Hate to see it end, I enjoy it so much. I think Season 2 of Victoria on PBS begins around the first of the year. I can't help it, I'm an old English major and a sucker for well-done costume dramas.

Honored Contributor

Just finished binge watching season 2.  I really enjoyed it.  Sort of felt sorry for Phillip & Prince Charles at that school in Scotland. 

Can't wait for season 3.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I was slow to start Season 2 and just finished it last weekend.  It's an excellent series.  I'm sorry to see this cast go.

I'm now working on the new season of Grace and Frankie.  I don't know how many more episodes I have left.  I've watched the first 7.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?