Respected Contributor

The Coronation on Smithsonian channel

Anybody watched last night ? It was pretty interesting interview-documentary with Her Majesty the Queen  ,for the first time ever, about her coronation, about the royal regalia, the jewles. She spoke about the stones,the procedures, some family history.

She looked great, good sense of humor and very intense look of her eyes.

I learned some interesting facts.

Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: The Coronation on Smithsonian channel

@SANNA wrote:

Anybody watched last night ? It was pretty interesting interview-documentary with Her Majesty the Queen  ,for the first time ever, about her coronation, about the royal regalia, the jewles. She spoke about the stones,the procedures, some family history.

She looked great, good sense of humor and very intense look of her eyes.

I learned some interesting facts.

@SANNA

Thanks so much for posting this!  I was able to tape a rerun this afternoon.  I also taped two programs on Smithsonian about Princess Diana.

Honored Contributor

The Queen certainly takes after her Mother. In fact in a few pictures it is hard to tell them apart. Elizabeth's Mom was 101 when she died. Queen Elizabeth looks good. I hope she continues to do well. Maybe they will do another interview in the future.

Respected Contributor

@SANNA  thanks for this.  i also was able to catch the rerun earlier today. it was fascinating.  i enjoyed the personal reminiscences of participants as well as the Queen's comments.  the shots of the jewels and the "regalia" were delicious.  but i guess that the hiding place at Windsor Castle is a "no go " going forward now that the secret has been disclosed.