Frequent Contributor

"I think Becky is really funny.  I think they should do something with Dans hair.  I know this is weird I would like to see him a little heavier.  I always liked his character.  He did loose some weight on the original Roseanne but not enough to change his features.  Maybe its just his hair it is all over the place."

Yes, I know he probably lost the weight in real life for his health but he sure looked better with some weight on him, plus he is quite a bit older now so that is part of it. He was always a favorite character.  But I hate the credits at the beginning with him playing around with the sausage in his mouth at the table....blech!!!

Roseanne was one of my favorite shows, except for the season(s) after the lottery win.  I watched the reboot when Roseanne was on it and enjoyed it, but not missing her now that she is gone.    I was skeptical if they could pull it off without her but the show has done fine and Jackie is still a nut, Becky is still a mess, Darlene is still always sarcastic and I like the new characters too. .  I like the blue-color, barely getting by type of humor in the show,  so am enjoying the reboot . 

Janet in Georgia
Esteemed Contributor

I loved the Sitcom and watched it every week. Still watch the reruns. For some reason I can't watch "reboot" shows.

One question. How did they explain Roseanne's absence?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

I loved the Sitcom and watched it every week. Still watch the reruns. For some reason I can't watch "reboot" shows.

@Sage04 

Roseanne had become addicted to pain pills, and when she was having an operation in her knee, because she had opioids in her system, she stopped breathing, and died.

Nobody knew just how bad her addiction was, because she his it, and hid the pain pills.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I love the show and a few times Darlene's husband looks like a werewolf with his wild hair and beard..lolSmiley LOL

Jackies boyfriend is as nutty as she is..hope they keep him as a regular.Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

@GeorgiaJanet wrote:

"I think Becky is really funny.  I think they should do something with Dans hair.  I know this is weird I would like to see him a little heavier.  I always liked his character.  He did loose some weight on the original Roseanne but not enough to change his features.  Maybe its just his hair it is all over the place."

Yes, I know he probably lost the weight in real life for his health but he sure looked better with some weight on him, plus he is quite a bit older now so that is part of it. He was always a favorite character.  But I hate the credits at the beginning with him playing around with the sausage in his mouth at the table....blech!!!

Roseanne was one of my favorite shows, except for the season(s) after the lottery win.  I watched the reboot when Roseanne was on it and enjoyed it, but not missing her now that she is gone.    I was skeptical if they could pull it off without her but the show has done fine and Jackie is still a nut, Becky is still a mess, Darlene is still always sarcastic and I like the new characters too. .  I like the blue-color, barely getting by type of humor in the show,  so am enjoying the reboot . 

Re: Dan's hair.  They have his hair and eyebrows soooo dark, much darker than his sandy blond looks in the original series.  I think I would almost prefer him gray.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Sage04 

Roseanne had become addicted to pain pills, and when she was having an operation in her knee, because she had opioids in her system, she stopped breathing, and died.

Nobody knew just how bad her addiction was, because she his it, and hid the pain pills.

@Anonymous032819  thanks for responding. They killed her off? They could have at least lock her away somewhere. The woman was way out there. She really played her part well.

Honored Contributor

I watch this show and like it Woman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I watch this show and like it Woman Very Happy

I am really enjoying this show.  Becky is really showing what a good actress she is.  The story with her in rehab is really good.  I still miss roseanne's character but I believe the show is holding its own without her.

Trusted Contributor

@GeorgiaJanet  I know you posted this a long time ago, but I so agree about the intro. We always speed the recording up so we don't catch that weenie in Dan's mouth. YUCK!

Honored Contributor

Never watched once the 'star' was cancelled, I was done.